No Tags Found!

Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Religion is not opium, it's cyanide
December 14, 2005
'Religion is nothing but institutionalised mysticism. The catch is, mysticism does not lend itself to institutionalisation. The moment we attempt to organise mysticism, we destroy its essence. Religion, then, is mysticism in which the mystical has been killed. Or, at least diminished... not only is religion divisive and oppressive, it is also a denial of all that is divine in people; it is a suffocation of the soul.'
--One of my all time favorite authors, Tom Robbins, in Skinny legs and All
What set me thinking about religion was a recent article in the Indian Express which spoke about how Hindus cannot adopt Muslim children and vice-versa.
Read More here: http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/dec/15ram.htm
Source-Rediff.com
Dear friends !
Mr. Sengupta's conclusion is wrong. Intrinsic religiousity promotes health and happiness where as extrinsic religiousity generates ethnocentrism, cyanide within.
regards

From India, Delhi
CHR

Dear members,
I would request everyone to not copy complete texts from other websites and posting them on CiteHR. This is a violation of the copyrights act. Instead what you should do is copy a paragraph and provide a link to the original article - this is called fair use.
As per the notification posted at the footer of the website - "All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster." CiteHR is not legally responsible for such violations and this may create unnecessary hassle for the violating member. So please do not copy paste entire articles.
Warm regards,
CHR

From India, Gurgaon
CHR

Hello Dr, I have edited your post and added the link to the article . Thank you for understanding - we do not want any legal hassles. Warm regards, CHR
From India, Gurgaon
scare_crow

Dear Dr. even if you paste somthing, mention the source of the article....so that the credits are given.... regards scare_crow
From India, Mumbai
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Thank you Vishal. The source is already given. I understand, this was not enough. Now CHR has already streamlined the post. Please post your rejoinder. regards
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.