No Tags Found!

santosh verma

Hi all,
Can someone tell me the procedure to post an article to the newspapers and get it published? I have written an article on the HR flaws. Want to get it published in the times of india/ hindu. Please tell me how to go about it.
Regards,
Santosh Verma

From India, Bangalore
Sairamesh

W r t the above, suggest you get in touch with Nikhil Menon in the ascent supplement of TOI and touch base with Hindu chennai office. Normally, they don't entertain direct approaches. Ideally, you should look at tying up with the local HRD network or NIPM network and organize a talk show, wherein you can invite the press and get your article published.
Trust this helps.
Rgds - Sai

From India, Bangalore
santosh verma

Hi Sairamesh,
Thanks a lot for your reply. But I guiess that the ascent people would only help in job postings in the newspapers. I want to get my article published. I never got them published in newspapers, though quite a couple of times in HR journals. Can you tell me the procedure.?
Regards,
Santosh Verma.

From India, Bangalore
Sairamesh

Apart from job postings, the ascent also features a couple of articles which are generally aggreegated by Nikhil Menon or a couple of other journalists.
You will need to followup with them to get your article published.
Try calling TOI at Blr and ask for the ascent supplement people in editorial, they will guide you further. The information I have is that they are seated in Mumbai, with a couple of BDM's/E's in Blr.
I have not followed up with them off late, try your luck should u make any headway keep me posted.
Rgds - Sairamesh

From India, Bangalore
aguinn

Santosh:

I've had many articles printed around the world--in newspapers and magazines--so let me make a simple suggestion.

Probably the most important aspects of contacting working journalists directly are pitch and relevance. I'd generally pitch the article to an Editor as opposed to a working reporter, but if that's the method used in India, so be it.

Send an email to the contact you've selected, and "pitch" the article. A pitch is a suggestion that they print an article on a specific subject, and generally, for a specific reason. It's always important that you quantify why the article should be printed. If there is a specific tie-in with an event, or there is a specific timelineness, be sure that is mentioned in the pitch.

An example of a "pitch" would be the following:

"Mr. x, my name is Santosh Verma. I'm the Human Resources VP for xxx, a major player in the xxxx industry.

"As you know, one of the major issues today in Human Resources is xxxxxx. I've taken the liberty of researching, developing, and editing an article about this, offering resolutions to the challenges faced by many different industries.

" xxxx is a problem around the world, and since the TOI is interested in not only Indian issues, but those which help define worldwide trends, the article I've written not only defines how xxxx impacts Indians, but how the challenge might be addressed worldwide.

"I'm writing you as a fellow journalist. I've been published in xxxx, xxx, and xxxx. My article on xxxx was most recently published and can be found on the Internet at (URL).

"Please advise if TOI has an interest in this topic, and if so, the guidelines you would suggest in terms of length, voice, and opportunity.

"With best regards,

"Santosh

Many writers wanting to break into large scale publishing make the mistake of simply sending articles out to anyone and everyone, and it's always best to establish a relationship--be it via email, via letter, via telephone--or even in person--to get an article published.

Good luck in getting your article published where you want it!

Let me know if I can help.

All the best.

Alan Guinn, Managing Director

The Guinn Consultancy Group, Inc.

From United States, Bluff City
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.