No Tags Found!

permeshwernath

First of all you should forget that boss has a attitude problem. first look at you and do some introspection and find out where the problem is ? It is your perception or otherwise. Suppose what you say is true than you have to tackle this believing in human relation. Some times those who look hard from out side are very soft from inside. Find out what irritates your boss. These types of personality are easy to handle. What your boss want is the result because his career is depending on your result. This may be one of the reason for attitude problem with you. Find out if this attitude problem is with every one or with you. If he had attitude problem he wouldn't be your boss.
After becoming friendly with him than politely and diplomatically can always tell him what you feel about him.
Advise is always free but we have to see whether we follow what we preach.

From India, Pune
Cadence Inc
Firstly such feedback should better not be in public ...
secondly I guess we can start by saying that you are the one who is having some issues ..... and not your Boss
Third you can lead him by saying tha if he helps her like this... it would be much helpful to her.
DO not say that OTHERS ALSO FEEL THE SAME
Lastly think before you really decide on moving ahead. Is he a person who would really gain by you sharing your ideas???
Best wishes.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
jijokj

Dear All,

At first I would like to thank Dinesh Pillai for bringing up this tricky issue on this forum because that gave me a chance to get answers to an issue that was pricking my mind for long. Along with my other colleagues, I too don't like the sarcastic attitude of our MD (to who I report). It is not for his attitude towards employees. He is not dealing properly with our big clients (ego problem) which result in loosing contracts.

The opinions shared by the boarders are very insightful and thought provoking. I really like the advise given by Hussain Zulfikar that "one should not mess with mother nature, electricity and boss" :) :) and (Cite Contribution)'s statement that "everyone can see each other's faults and weakness. Hence, focusing on them will highlight your incapabilities, to turn a situation". Yes, now I understood that rather than focusing on MD's faults, I should bring up the issues to his attention through proper reports and should stop hating/criticizing him :) . Thanks folks

From Oman, Muscat
simmy2009

Dear Dinesh
The correct for your subject line should be 'Appreciate' not the word 'Praise'.
In professional career, appreciating others on their efforts on the work done could be from one-to-one or one-to-many.
As I always suggest to my team members, that the truth and sincerity towards to the work is the element that creates wisdom.

From India, Mumbai
moinkhan1961

I second the opinion of Shalini. If a boss has an attitude problem, he could not maintain his/her position. This problem will certainly hurt the boss, so you can wait.
However, if the boss is doing well with the organization and with some other subordinates, co-workers, then criticizing boss directly or indirectly will put you in trouble and you will feel more attitude issues in your boss and other co-workers.
I would recommend adaptability and an effort to change yourself first.
Good Luck & Regards
Moin

From Pakistan
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Octavious !
Thanks for the suggestion, can you recommend a nice book in this matter.
Hi Seniors, Contributors and Readers
Wonderful suggestions !! Dinesh is a wise man now ! :-) so go ahead dinesh, appreciate your boss, dine with the devil, dont end up on his plate :-D (just kiddin, hope you got the joke ;-)

From Kuwait, Salmiya
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Karteehr
Thank you for the "Thanks" but I dont deserve this "Thanks" !! Excellent suggestions and observations were put forward by esteemed members of the forum here : Octavious, TS, (Cite Contribution), Simhan, S Khadir, S Bhaskar and many more !!
I m merely a reader and learner from this post. like you I have benefitted from the discussion.

From Kuwait, Salmiya
MJoseph2011

Hi Dinesh
A friendly advise, maintain decorum of language used at this forum, this forum is established to promote healthy discussion related to HR field. This posts are read by many senior members and freshers alike. such language portrays you in poor light.
With reference to your post, I dont know what has happened that you want to seek revenge by sarcastically praising your boss, but this tactics will not lead you anywhere.
Focus on your self development rather than pulling others down. Morever if your boss senses humiliation in your sarcastic talks, your life will be more hell. So don't mess with mother nature, electricity and boss !! :-D[/QUOTE]---Nice one, is that an original?

From India, Mumbai
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi MJ
:-D I wrote this response to the query posted. Well I typed that quote with the flow, so you may call it original ! unless if this can be found somewhere else exactly as it is. There can be 2 thinkers alike in this big fat world. Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.

From Kuwait, Salmiya
jack.spicer

Hey dinesh..
I could understand your problem as a junior sometimes people face problems like that. I will suggest you to say some nice things about your boss
like ..he is a good person ..helps you a lot.. or...guides you through difficulties...If he is holding something against you ..he will understand the sarcasm ..otherwise if he is not ..then he will feel good about it...any way you purpose will be fulfilled & follow seniors too...

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.