No Tags Found!

dstang
Hello Everyone,

I have a peculiar question. None of our employees are below the salary limit required for PF so as an employer I am guessing we don’t have to contribute to PF. However, as a token of appreciation to our employees, our company has decided to contribute PF for all our employees. So my understanding is that we will fall under (Voluntary Provident Fund) VPF. So the question is, is there a limit on the contribution from the employer side regarding this? Will it still be 12%? Please let us know.

Pradeep

From United States, Kelso
felixadvocates

As per Sec 1(3)(a) or (b) of the EPF Act, you will have to cover your employees under EPF Scheme , if you have more than 20 or more people working under you.
The salary limit is Rs 6500/-, as mentioned in EPF website FAQs : EPFO <link updated to site home>
As per Sec 16 of the EPF Act, you can see if the act is applicable to your establishment .
Voluntary Provident Fund Contribution is a contribution made by the member and not by the employer.
Regarding the above you will find the 24th FAQs of EPF Website : EPFO <link updated to site home>
To understand PF Calculation on the part of employer & employee click : Employees Provident fund organisation,india ( EPFO ) EPF rates and calculation | Accountinghead

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.