No Tags Found!

A New Hr
Hi Anil,
I think I have posted this query in the 'General Discussion', where it says 'General Discussion- Experiences, stories or anything you would want to share with the community'.
So when I had a doubt on this particular candidate with different yrs of exp, I was confused on the years which is very natural with anyone ...so thought of discussing it here in the 'General Discussion' forum.
Later I came to know that this candidate was actually faking around with different resumes and different years of experience, i immediately posted the same in this thread so that there need not be anymore discussion or comments on the same.

From India, Trivandrum
Bharghavi.D

Mr. Ravi,
According to me, when you say 1.8 years.. it means 1 year 8 months....
I'm unaware of your maths calculations...And I need not bother about as to how good you are in YOUR maths calculation...
According to ME.....this cite is for knowledge sharing and you can correct me if I'm wrong...NO MAN ON THIS EARTH IS PERFECT AND NO MAN KNOWS EVERYTHING...!!!! You need not comment on my math calculations when you being a human being and you not being perfect in everything...
I suppose we have got Freedom of speech and freedom of expressions for citizens of India and OF COURSE..!!! Freedom of doing mistakes being a human being..!!
I Donot want to comment on you, whether you are intelligent or not... coz when you are pointing one finger at others, all other FOUR fingers are pointing at you... simple logic is being missed by most of the people...!!!
Regards,
Bharghavi

From India, Bangalore
Bharghavi.D

:LOL: Forget it.... I dont want to discuss any more on this.... We aren’t here to discuss anything personal.... Lets not continue this...:) Lets be friends....:LOL: Regards, Bharghavi
From India, Bangalore
kraviravi.kravi@gmail.com

Yeah sure, after many days i had a good laugh as its a long time since i posted posts like this, i am ravi, glad to meet you, have a cup of coffee from my side.
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/Perfect_caffe_latte_from_Cafe_Coffee_Day.jpg[/IMG]

From India, Madras
Bharghavi.D

Thanks a lot Ravi.. This coffee to you from my side.. Regards, Bharghavi
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg clip_image001.jpg (17.4 KB, 10 views)

Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Ravi and friends

Thanks for your inputs.

In fact you have pointed out a great dilemma or a grey area.

Your assumptions and calculations are based strictly on mathematical concept;

here; 1.5 would mean one-and-a-half. This way 1.5 years would mean, as you rightly say 1 year and 6 months.

How Bhargavi has interpreted is as used in HR profession. Suppose you have to fill up a form which has two boxes/columns for experience; one says "Years"and the other says "months"- then an applicant having one and a half year of experience will fill it up as 1 and 6; meaning 1 year 6 months.

No one is required to CONVERT the number of months into DECIMAL system.

Every profession has its specialities; language; terminologies; jargon etc. They also have professional bodies for standardization. Though HR lags behind; we have to develop our own standards. To give an example : if EXPERIENCE is referred to; then we should consider the suffix after the point (dot), as number of months and NOT DECIMAL POINTS.

When 5'6" is written its always referred as 5 feet 6 inches.

When one writes 11:25:20 hrs its always understood in terms of hours; minutes and seconds.

Similarily 2.8 or 2:8 yrs should always be interpreted as 2 years 8 months.

Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
alwin

Karthik: Appreciate your initiation to share your doubts, no matter how big or small. Raj Kumar: very well explained. hope many got their doubts cleared :)
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.