Deepali Gulati

Hello Manju,

The reality is

"Orkut Büyükkökten is a Turkish software engineer who developed the social networking service called Orkut while working at Stanford University using the name ClubNexus. He developed Orkut as an independent project towards his PhD thesis under Hector Garcia-Molina under the same grant which produced Google. He developed Orkut as an independent project while working at Google."

Orkut was launched in January 2004 by search company Google, as the brainchild of Orkut Büyükkökten, a Turkish software engineer, who developed it as an independent project while working at Google. In late June 2004, Affinity Engines filed suit against Google, claiming that Orkut Büyükkökten and Google based Orkut on inCircle code.

Originally, its membership was by invitation only. At the end of July 2004, Orkut's membership surpassed 1 million accounts, and by the following September, it had surpassed 2 million accounts. In October 2006, Orkut stated to have 37 million accounts and 1.3 million daily visitors.[4] As of August 2007, the service claimed 67 million users.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orkut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orkut_B...BCkk%C3%B6kten

Deepali

From India, Chandigarh
Manju27

Thank You Deepali.. For the information.. I ll surely check it out.. But there are N number of links in google supporting the post.. Regards, Manju :)
From India, Hyderabad
vini mehta

Dear Manju, Being into training I would love to apply this story to the concept — "where there is a will, there is a way" Vini
From India, Mumbai
Divya Chandarana

Hi all, Nice one.I dont know if Mr.Orkut found his gf:) But it definetly helps a lot of people to stay in touch with each other despite the busy life and schedules. Regrds, Divya
From India, Madras
octavious

Dear All
Link on the below link and find information about the origin of Orkut.
<link no longer exists - removed>
Orkut: Information from Answers.com
Regards
Octavious

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.