No Tags Found!

san-jay
Hi......... generally on the basic notice pay is deducted,but go through to the appointment letter and legal advice , I think suprem court has given some guidlines on this. sanjay
From India, Delhi
msahni00
Dear Mr. Sighal,
if you appointment letter is silent on calcuation of deduction of salary then the follwoing could be apply :
1. As per law : one month's basic will be deducted
2. As per company policy (if not written but they are doing) : basic or gross or CTC
So, you can check with person who is processing the payroll.
Regards
Manish Sahni

Vasant Nair

Yes, like several of our friends in their threads have said:
1. it is Personnel Manager and not Personal Manager.
2. I agree that as a Personnel Manager, you should be aware of such basic things.
3. You should study the exit clause in your Appointment Letter and act accordingly.
In the absence of any specific condition, I am afraid it will have to be Gross Pay that
will be adjusted against Notice Period.
Cheers!!!!
Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
exiafsergeant

Dear Mr Arun, You being a personnel manager, I do not expect such type of query from you atleast. For which Co you work for ? Mr Jay Bakshi has told it rightly........... Exserg
From India, New Delhi
shankar069

CTC comprises of many heads like bonus,employer pf contribution etc.....for notice period do we need to pay these???? is it fair?? seniors ur openions required. JAI
From India, Hyderabad
Guntha bijaya

Regarding lieu notice period has concerned , it is different from company to company. Most of appointment letter has mentioned like " in of resignation from srvice you will requre to give one month notice or pay in lieu of such notice or pay for the period falling short of the prescribed notice period".
If it has not mentioned regarding lieu payment and the salary has fixed for one month, you need to pay one salary in gross.
Here i am asking during your service tenure any employees resigned or not. If resign what policy you have applied from them the same will be applicable to you.

nvraovskp

Dear Mr Arun
You are telling that your services can be terminated by either party by giving one month notice to the other party or making payment in lieu thereof . Therefore, undoubtedly you are require to pay Rs 12000/ to your employer towards notice period to get the relief from your services on account of your resignation.
In any organisation salary includes not only Basic, DA and any other allowance. Except for payment of Contributions of ESI, PF, gratuity, bonus for all other purposes, it means gross salary of the employee. i.e Rs 12000/- in your case.
Regards
NVRao
Hyderabad

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.