manjiree-patawarrdhan
i resigned during my probation period, serving the notice period. However I was relieved immediately. HR said I am not eligible for experience letter as I did not complete the probation period. Is that right as per HR law? Am I eligible for the relieving letter from my former employer even though I resigned during probation?
From India, Pune
abhishek-tiwari3441579
Whether you are eligible for a relieving letter from your former employer even though you resigned during probation typically depends on the company's policies and practices. Here are some general considerations:

Company Policy: Review your company's policies and the terms mentioned in your employment contract or offer letter. Some companies may issue relieving letters to employees who resign during probation, while others may not.

Probationary Period: If you resigned during your probationary period, your employer may or may not issue a relieving letter. Some companies have policies that state that employees who resign during probation are not eligible for certain benefits, including relieving letters.

Notice Period: Check whether you served the required notice period as per your employment agreement. Employers may require employees to serve a notice period before leaving the company, even if they are on probation. Failure to serve the notice period may impact your eligibility for a relieving letter.

Performance and Conduct: If your resignation during probation was due to performance or conduct issues, your employer may choose not to issue a relieving letter. However, if your resignation was for personal or professional reasons, your employer may be more inclined to provide the necessary documentation.

Exit Formalities: Complete any exit formalities required by your employer, such as returning company assets, settling dues, and providing necessary information. Fulfilling these requirements may influence the issuance of a relieving letter.

Communication with Employer: It's advisable to communicate directly with your employer or HR department regarding your request for a relieving letter. Express your reasons for needing the letter and inquire about the company's policies regarding issuing relieving letters to employees who resign during probation.

In summary, while there is no universal rule regarding the issuance of relieving letters to employees who resign during probation, it's essential to review your company's policies, fulfill any contractual obligations, and communicate with your employer to understand your eligibility and request the necessary documentation.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.