No Tags Found!

stepahead
Hello friends,

Already many CiteHRians have said much about motivation (though this topic is capable of receiving hundreds of replies), I would like to say something about situation of Mr.Birinderjit.

It is quite common in a corporate world that people are jealous of you. People does not only tend to seniors but colleagues are also not exception to the thing. Though Mr. Balaji has suggested ways to tackle it out, I personally feel that few of these ideas are quite theoretical. For e.g. if one asks his jealous senior for suggestion, as he is jealous, why would he offer a good advise? Won't he want you to get sued by manager?

Well Mr.Balaji don't assume I'm arguing with your comment, I think one should not be defensive but attacking. Once a person is starts possessing bad feelings it is very difficult to convert his mind. It takes great deal of time and in the meantime you may be harmed,even severely. So while trying to change their attitude, don't let them control you in and out. Show the signs that you are not liking their behavior. Don't ever, ever let them get on to your any personal issue. While spending time with them, if they are just passing comments on you i.e. you are their TT(time pass target), say a little harsh words or even fight back.

Having said that, as they are seniors, first do some risk evaluation. Find out what person next to you is capable of doing. Here don't think of surviving. I have a friend whom I advised the same. But her risk evaluation was equal to not getting excess work load, not losing impression on managers, not losing job,etc. Here one should think with more broad views. What about your progress? Is the person have guts(generally come by position)to vanish your future plans? First priority should be your target in career. After that ruin the person who is just troublesome and have nothing to harm you, in front of all. This will also be effective on people who can harm you.

Also I would advise you to find new friends. Not all people have the same mentality. Spend some time with them to become more confident. If things are very serious than what you think I am thinking, escalate to manager. At least let them know that things are not as smooth as they are thinking.

And finally, when you go on to become senior, don't ever treat your colleagues or juniors the way these people are treating you. Because it is now responsibility of us, the juniors, to spread a good environment culture, something that your seniors have failed to do.

Though bit lengthy, I hope this is helpful. And Mr.Balaji, no hard feelings for you. These are just my personal views.

Regards,

Sagar G.

From India, Mumbai
HR Pruthviraj Mete

Hi All,
I am new fresher in this field.
sometimes i feel that nobody is there to appreciated me or saying thanks you or motivating. me.
But after all tis I know that am working well in my organization...
I dont need anything else.
exception always gives you negative things.........
JUST REMEMBER ONE THING THAT WE ARE THE BEST WE ARE HR
AS IN HR - HERO/HEROIN OF THE ORGANIZATION.....
TC GUYS.........

From India, Pune
NK SUNDARAM

HR people should be like Dynamos that you will find in cycles !
They should get self-motivated. Any individual can get motivated, provided he or she develops an interest and also passion in whatever he or she does. Very rarely people get into jobs / professions which are not to their liking. So, those who get an interest in what he or she does, naturally, over a period of time, that interest should evolve into a passion. Once the passion becomes a commitment, then no external force or interest is required to motivate them to perform, even in the face of utmost adverse situation ! An organisation comprise of human beings with different styles, attitudes, feelings. Once you put on the mantle of HR, you should develop the skill to show smile to all, skill to manage Internal Customer Relations effectively.
Best of luck

From India
pbskumar2006

Dear All,
HR IS A THANKLESS JOB.
We should not expect any ones appreciation. The day without obstructions in the office or the place where we are working thats our Most Motivation of the day. So In my view 'The Time decides our Motivation Factor'.
Regards,
PBS KUMAR

From India, Kakinada
vikasranjan07@rediffmail.com

Dear Birinderjit,

HR Professionals are motivated by their own strategic thought which he/she is learning while solving other's grievances. They get learn from the problem solving ability which acquires from training. There is no doubt that the HR persons are motivated by themselves. This is way of his/her thinking that in what ways making solution of problem if any time appear.

If your colleague activities & perception about you is something like jealously regarding of your pay package. You can't do more in this, except proper & mannerful communication with him. Balaji Venkatesan suggestions is most effective in this regard. Respectful behaviour & Positive approach with him is only way to minimise toughness with other. Be Cool & Calm during the work, think positive. If any one bifurcating you just avoid this and do your work in own way with positive spirit. Your work & willpower toward your duty & responsibility is most effective to make forward your career further in life. So, don't think more over this issue and do best with your work. I think day will come soon when your this problem get solve.

Thanks & Best Regards:

From India, Hyderabad
lalvani.nucleus

Dear Brinderjit

In reply to your first question on motivation, I concur with the majority of our professionals that self-motivation is the ‘need of the hour’.

With regard to your second question on your perception of manifestation of jealousy by your seniors/colleagues/subordinates- you must understand that you are young in service & new to the company. It is natural for everyone to attempt to size you up & test you out. Since you have yourself indicated that you have jumped the queue, it is bound to cause a little discomfort for others around. With this as a backdrop, I would suggest:

• Make it your endeavour to show that you are deserving of the status given to you by the company by:

o Cultivating & manifesting a Positive Attitude.

o Setting your work goals, carefully.

o Performing your task, diligently.

o Maintaining an exemplary conduct.

o Ensuring compliance of company rules.

o Merging with the company culture quickly.

o Remember, no one can spoil your day, unless you choose to allow them to spoil it for you.

o Greeting all enthusiastically, no matter what.

It may appear difficult to do all this. But then, to achieve something we have to work accordingly. I assure you, if you are able to do this, you shall have arrived!!!-

Col Sunder Lalvani

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.