No Tags Found!

sunayna

oh dear..no clue wt ur big words meant? mr mosesduma..cld u explain wt u mean? i want to know the better option between econometrics n intl finance.
From India, Mumbai
reema
:) hello, i definately agree to leo
i aceept that before chosing a subject one should know what his or her specialities are
a person can know his or her ABILITIES AND ORIENTATIONS too.
this is done by a simple computerised software which i use,
well my intro===
My name is R Rajawat
I am a students career counsellor
i give computerised test to student , which help them give an idea
about their psychological status.
need help pls feel free to mail at

From India, New Delhi
lalita
Dunno how good psychological tests of this kind are for judging the subjects or lines of interest, but surely they do help in determining what your likes and dislikes are....of course these can be determined by an introspection itself! :wink:
But when you're in student life and everything looks very confused, these tests could help you in clearing the fog....
Give it a try....you've got nothing to lose!
All the best!
Cheers!
Lalita

From India, Madras
krupa
hey sunayna,

if i read ur msg correctly,

u wanted to choose b/w ergonomics and intnl. finance..... and if ur doin bms from mumbai university then uve confused the option that bms offers...

i graduated in bms last yar ... elective one for the 6th semester is econometrics and NOT ergonomics...

so u need to choose between eonometrics and international finance (IF)

from my experience ive seen in all colleges students who score very high percentages have opted for econometrics.... for example in my batch, in my coll highest in econometrics was around 97 and the highest in IF was 81(which apparently was the lowest in econometrics..)

if ur planning to take up your post graduation, i suggest u opt for econometrics since it would be good help.. that does not mean IF would be a waste...

moreover u need to decide which subject you are interested in .... chechk the contents .... econometrics is more about statistics+economic models etc, whereas IF covers stuff like international currency rate arbitrage(2 pnt and 3 pnt), balance of payments, futures and options, world economies, currency fluctuations- causes and effects, all kinds of bonds, etc, etc....

most of the ppl ive seen, regret taking up whatever subject theyve opted for and keep cribbing..... so think about it and then take a decision

all the best

From India, Mumbai
tanushri_in
Respected Sir,
I am a student of MBA IInd Yr with HR major..i have no idea bout process mapping which is a part of our curriculam. I need to study and design a flowchart for an Udipi Restuarent..which is popular among all..Need some help regarding it..can anyone plzz help me here.. I have a presentation too... i am really confused coz unable to understand from where i should start !!

From India, Mumbai
sunayna

hi krupa
na, i meant econometrics
hmm..i ve gone through the syllabus
and econometrics is out dated...wers IF will help me with wtever field i take ...
dont you think so?
oh..thats what we students do best :wink:
thnks for the reply

From India, Mumbai
Secretmission

hi
i've gone thru the whole discussion on HR as an elective for MBA n its future prospects....came to know that HR+Marketing is a gud option.
i wanna putmy question in a bit different way.how is the combination of marketing as major with HR as minor?plz help me :?:
thanx n regards

From India, New Delhi
A Tandan
Hi
HR as major is really good option. Following are subjects which are catching attention. To name a few: High Performance Work Systems, HRIS, HR Planning, Employee Relation (must).
All the above are few coming up areas in the fiels of HR.
As how to be a good HR Manager you should go through magazines like Human Capital, HRD Newsletter. These magazines will keep you updated on all HR related issues.
A Tandan

From India, Mumbai
manuel_69
hello tanu
udupi hotel is basically an south indian resturant, and its chart starts from
general manger
deputy manager
front office manager
food and beverage manger
executive chef
resturant manager
executvie house keeper
chefs
servers
waiters

rekhadaniel

If your doing your MBA and taking HR as a Major then I would see what pillars or aspects of HR intrests you such as ie.: Talent Acquistion , Recruiting, Compensation, HRMS, Traning and Development, Benefits, Generalist role , Business Partners role, Employee Relations, Change Management, Operations etc..
You can find more about be searching on these topics by checking out some HR sites or reading some HR magazines - depending on where you are planning on practicing HR so see their needs.
Good Luck!
Rekha

From United States, Saint Louis
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.