No Tags Found!

phani-challa
During the process of switching employers, employment overlap occurred accidentally. Due to project-related issues, I was unable to release from my working company (A) as previously stated. I submitted the documents to Company B before joining and accepted the offer. I had some issues in releasing from company A; it was a virtual join, so they considered the offer date as the join date even though I didn't join in the onboarding meeting.

I was immediately instructed to go to Company (B) and resigned from this company. but the record shows a notice period. I did not intend to do dual employment, it happened by accident. Now, my new company HR asked me about this before releasing the offer, I said the same to HR and justification for overlapping through mail, and he said it would be fine and make it green; later released the offer letter for joining; I am fearing out BGV process and how they respond. please suggest this;

From India, Coimbatore
KK!HR

Since you have already explained the situation and HR has asked you to go ahead, there is less likelihood of any issue in BGV. You did not suppress any information so you may not be red-flagged. This would depend on the way the organisation deals with such issues and without being aware of the organisational practice, it can be only guesswork.
It does not look like the overlap occurred by accident as it was intentioned and a conscious decision.

From India, Mumbai
raghunath_bv

Hi Phani,

It seems like you've already communicated the situation to the HR of your new company (Company B) and they have indicated that it would be fine. However, you are concerned about the Background Verification (BGV) process.

Here are some suggestions to navigate this situation:

Document Everything:
Make sure you have documentation of your communication with Company B's HR regarding the accidental overlap. Keep records of emails or any written correspondence where you explain the situation and Company B's response.

Be Transparent:
If the BGV process raises questions about the employment overlap, be transparent and honest about the situation. Explain that it was unintentional, and provide the documentation you have to support your explanation.

Contact Previous Employer (Company A):
If possible, try to resolve the issues with Company A promptly. Explain the situation and inquire about the possibility of updating the records to reflect the accurate joining date or resolving any discrepancies.

HR Assistance:
If you have a contact person in HR at Company B, reach out to them if any concerns arise during the BGV process. They may be able to provide additional support or clarification to the verification team.

Offer Solutions:
If there are concerns, offer possible solutions to mitigate any issues. This could include providing additional documentation or contact information for verification purposes.

Learn Company Policies:
Familiarize yourself with the policies of Company B regarding such situations. Some companies may have specific protocols for handling accidental employment overlaps.

Legal Advice:
If the situation becomes complicated, consider seeking legal advice. An employment lawyer can provide guidance on how to navigate such situations and protect your interests.

Hence, honesty and transparency are crucial in such situations. Employers generally appreciate employees who are forthright about unintentional mistakes. Keep open lines of communication, and be prepared to provide any necessary documentation to support your case.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.