gannahope

No sir

Not necessary.

You want to highlight a thing wrongly done by a worker only "" Only the "deed" that shows a substandard ineffeciency of a performance while discharging a certain allotted Duty. "

So you want to heighlight the "mistake" Not the "mistaker".

A mistake can be rectified.. Frequency of the mistakes done by same employee may also be notified but by his Name only not at all by his images.

A mistake may be rectified by constant teaching makes with nill errors. While learning typewriting or computer learning errors are so common. Later after enough traing and practice without mistakes one can type a page. Today's genius typewriter or computer genius are once upon did it with full mistakes. Driving a car vehicle is also the same..

So practice makes man perfect.

If you feel his performance couldn't be rectified then alter his duties to gain good result in different work.

Not heighlighting with photos could bring expected change of the certain worker.

It also brings self confidence in the worker to be more loyal to the company and committment to the allotted work.

Many persons do hav eeven in behavioural changes and work performance in their coming future . We witnessed so many.

Working sector's psychology is usually sensitive don't flareup with such activities not at all supported By HRs.disturbing industrial peace and smooth running.

From India, Nellore
nathrao

Idea of displaying photos of employees who make mistakes in public is legally and morally wrong.It runs counter to basic principles of HR.
Why a mistake gets done,How often does mistakes happen,is it intentional or a defective practise being followed.
A good rule - criticise in private and praise in public.
Such photographic displays will play merry hell into the morale of workers/employees etc.
So think of a effective corrective mechanism which fosters confidence while addressing the mistake and cause of mistake.

From India, Pune
NK SUNDARAM

What a weird way to think and act ? How many people in this world are perfect, never commit mistakes in their life ? Even the person who has suggested this initiative, is perfect or not prone to any kind of mistakes ? If employees perform well, reward them and praise them in public. On the other hand, if some people make, repeated mistakes, even then, counsel them and discuss with them privately to find out why such people did such mistakes - whether intentional or accidental. Train them - technically or behaviorally. Allow them to time to modify their thinking and acting against the philosophy of management or against the policy of the company.
Best wishes

From India
rkn61

No. This is not advisable. The Thumb rule in People management is "compliment/appreciate in public and reprimand in private"
From India, Aizawl
P.Senthil

Dear Vahora
Committing mistakes are common nature but i think you may not to do like that and i hope you are expecting some sort of advise for competing the workers mistakes. May be all the experts are given nice info for your attention.
Good Relationship with Workers have been create very good Industrial Relation.
Regards
P.Senthil
Coimbatore.

From India, Coimbatore
aussiejohn

I have read some absolute rubbish on CiteHR over the years I have been a member, but this nonsense would have to get a gold medal for stupidity and complete lack of thought.
What do you hope to achieve by humiliating people?
Who will be responsible if one of your employees commits suicide? Will you live happily ever after knowing your actions caused a person to take their own life? I think not unless you are a cold, callous and unthinking person with no regard for anyone else.
The idea is absolutely abhorrent and must be dismissed out of hand immediately.

From Australia, Melbourne
SantoshSali
Dear Mr. Vohra,
Interesting Question and you already have lot of useful answers.
1. First Ideally you shouldn't do this.
2. It is violating the dignity of employee. And most importantly, it can open you for a law suit, if some smart employee wish to pursue this to its logical end with. There are such instances in US, though I haven't heard any in India. [In fact one such case is included in MBA HR textbook of Organization Behavior].
3.I liked the one response by Mr. Divekar, who rightly pointed out that, what will you do, if this itself becomes a norm in your firm. That will be disaster for culture of organization.
So stay clear of this.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.