No Tags Found!

Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Shajeer

i agree with Saswat and Ramdasan. They have given very good Suggestions to you; which shows their experience and calibre as HR professionals !!!

What kind of "protocols" are you talking about ???

From the description of your non-existent HR deptt, there does not seem to be any.

So far you have not set up any HR deptt, procedures or system; and you expect senior functionaries (that person must be a senior handling Marketing and Sales) to Follow-the-Rules for satisfying your inflated ego !!

Is yours a government company ??

If not why you INSIST on any such Protocol ???

Do you expect that a senior person can not approach you Directly ??

Do they have to come through the CEO only ??

If this is thee scenario; the CEO will get "Tired and Irritated" pretty soon.

You have been hired to give HR services; not to act Bureaucratic and Official.

If this continues; without HR attending to Business Requirements of providing Manpower Services; I am sure the company would not tolerate it for long.

Prove yourself and your existence through your own performance. How far and how soon you"ll be able to provide the manpower requirements of the person will only determine your performance.

Accordingly, you should send a Polite Reply to the person concerned, and answer all his queries point-by-point. If any approvals are required; put up the proposal to CEO for his necessary approvals.

Remember that the matter is URGENT and to be dealt on PRIORITY.

The company's top and bottom-line depend on how fast high Sales Turnover can be achieved in shortest time. Any delay in this, will hit the company directly; and you will be HELD RESPONSIBLE.

Rather than worrying about Non-Existent protocols; understanding your Responsibilities and Key Deliverables, will take you a long way.

Best wishes.

From India, Delhi
shajeeralinv

Dear All

Thanks for your reply.

I just wanted to clear one thing with you all. There are some reasons why i posted this thread here.

I am working as HR Executive under a Manager who don't know anything about HR. Whatever inputs and thoughts I am trying to bring it will be none and void because of that. His thoughts and style of working is very old. You will not believe that our company not yet started any automation for its operation.We are doing all thing manual. Emails nowhere accepted. Because this our HR manager don't like it.I have got 8 years HR experience in Gulf. I never streaked or faced any issues like this. I know HR is a facilitator of various thing. but here i can say no HR at all. People are always doing what they want. They are not following chain of command. Even our CEO issued a circular for that.

Especially this manager has a habit of commanding. If you go through that mail that he is insisting how i should do the things. As a HR executive i know that how can i do things. As per our existing personal manual he must have a manpower approval for any recruitment. Also he should check visa availability for Kenyans before he putting request for manpower request. He was writing this mail without that. I have clear instruction from the Management not to take any instructions like this. so now you tell me whom should i follow.

Anyway thanks to you all for for your valuable inputs and thoughts with me. I will disturb you with many quires in future as well . I hope all of you will help to clear my doubts

Regards

Shajeer

From Qatar, Doha
saswatabanerjee

Well, why will the sales manager be checking visa availability
His job is to get sales team working on sales
It is your job to find out such supporting information and guide him
His mail is neither rude nor out of line. I find it extremely polite and even helpful to the extent of suggesting whom you can work with to get a part of the work done easily
On the other hand, I think I see where your inflated ego is coming from

From India, Mumbai
shajeeralinv

Dear Sir,
As per Qatar immigration systems its very difficult to get visas for some nationalities.Here if any employer want to bring any employee they should have any labor approval in the system for same nationality and gender. That's why our management insisted this. Before we use to accept any man power approvals without any conditions. But later we realized that we are losing our time because of this. After doing all thing immigration/ labor will reject our application. For example getting visa for Indians very
difficult here. Even labor department will reject the application for approval. Immigration will not issue any visa without that. Its not good after giving offer letter we are failing in visa matter. It will give a bad impression to the company. Hope now you are clear.

From Qatar, Doha
saswatabanerjee

Well, you being the HR person and having done work in that specific segment will know that and will have to inform the manager. He would not know the nitty gritty as its not his job. If you have already told him and still he keeps asking e same thing, it would be a different matter. (Your post does not indicate that).
Remember that operations and sales are purely concerned with execution of their work and depend on support functions to do their work in getting the people or informing them of what is not possible. So you need to keep that in mind too. Educate the concerned manager either directly or through the senior manager who can deal with the matter properly.

From India, Mumbai
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Shajeer

Here's a brief on what you can do :

-- Discuss with the person referred on sales team from Philippines

-- Find out about the time taken for visa for all the countries mentioned in the mail, and availability of potential recruits with lead time; you canalso get in touch with recruitment consultantss in these countries

-- Tabulate and present the data

-- refer to the CEO circular on manpower approval, which is to be obtained by concerned deptt. with their own justification.

Write a polite mail to the senior manager; with all the above information.

Do not worry about your HR senior, keep him in the loop, ask him whether he wants to intervene or you can take your initiative.

If the concerned Manager is used to ordering around; you do not have to bother about his attitude, It is his attitude and personality problem. Restrict yourself, not to judge others, but to your own tasks. That will reduce your heart-burn.

Do not look at this as a PROBLEM. In fact you have been presented with a wonderful OPPORTUNITY to prove yourself.

Always remember that at the end of the day, any issues relating to manpower is your problem (or opportunity).

Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
shajeeralinv

Dear Raj,
We are now starting performance appraisal. We have some employees like merchandisers without KRA(Also JD not given to them). I was trying to set KRA for them. When i discussed with our CEO he asked me to make a analysis form for those people and the same to be filled by their Manager. I have one form but that can be filled by employee after freezing KRAs. Can you give me some tips for creating a analysis form to be filled by the concerned Manager.
Shajeer

From Qatar, Doha
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.