No Tags Found!

psdhingra

Dear UG,
Thanks for your compliments.
About the quote on the "employee & boss" and the "HR resource & boss" relations, you have correctly attacked the nerve center of the believers of flattery and sycophancy. The quote is very true. There cannot be two opinions about that. Every employee, may that be a worker or a manager, must have to understand the value of sincere discharge of his duties rather than pleasing his boss at the cost of the customers or his workers.
Bravo!
PS Dhingra

From India, Delhi
psdhingra

Dear Sambasivam,

Thanks for your compliments.

My belief is that the pivotal point for the acquisition and retention of our customers lies only in our employees base and not even in our products. If our employees are not sincere, we cannot make our customers happy. But the sincerity of our employees solely depend only upon our own sincerity towards them. If we are not sincere towards our employees they can neither be sincere to us, nor towards our customers, nor even we can expect any innovation for the betterment of our products on their part. They would prove just like a dead stock for the organization, or mules to be driven by use of whips only and that too hankering after the targets. In that case your own talent gets wasted if you waste maximum of your own precious time merely in pushing and driving those mules forward, with no real constructive work on your part.

On the other hand, if your employee is happy with you, the targets are left much behind and you find yourself to be much ahead of set targets for you. This is not a theory, but a part of my own practical experience, even where I had to face a complete mess of work on my joining any new office during my service period. MY 39+ YEARS OF SERVICE PERIOD EXPERIENCE SAYS, IF YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES, THE EMPLOYEES PERSONALLY & COLLECTIVELY TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES.

PS Dhingra

From India, Delhi
secuturebureau

Dear Mr Sambasivam,
Thank you for your comments. What is being conveyed is that very often the employee is busy sucking up to the boss and forgetting what is correct for the customer. Similarly for an HR resource to be a "yes" man to his boss very often forgets what is in the interest of the employees. What is required is that employees must speak up for the customer event at the risk of displeasing the boss. Similarly the HR resource must speak up for the employess even at the risk of displeasing the boss. Otherwise the customer will go elsewhere and the employee will go to an external powercentre to get himself heard. I hope I have been able to clarify what I was trying to convey. Again this is my opinion and others are welcome to have their own even if contrary to what I am saying. I respect all point of views.
Regards,
UG

From India, Bangalore
sambasi

Dear Sirs,

Thanks for your response and valuable comments.

During mid-70s, two organizations , let me call them ‘’A’’ and ‘’B’’, started with identical set-up, same collaborator, identical equipment and technology, same product and same limited customers. I had friends in both, so I can tell the following story.

“A’’ was a quasi-government organization and this set-up was as a part of their diversification. ‘’A’’ approached the customers as a typical government run organization. The employees of were well taken care and were happy. Product was good but customers were having issues with “A” from time to time. Initially, the customers were forced to deal with this supplier due to the non-availability; but later at some point of time, the customers started importing the product. (The customers were very limited in number and they formed a mind-set that “A” was a difficult supplier). It was the start of a real setback for “A” which triggered a few internal problems for them.

“B” was totally customer-oriented lacked employee focus. Customers were happy; but not the employees. In the course of time, employee turnover was high, product quality dropped and customers stopped buying from “B”. The business owners did a thorough root cause analysis; initiated suitable corrective action. They started focusing on employees in a big way, besides maintaining their customer-focus.

By mid 90s, “B” was a blue-eyed organization for both employee and customer and ‘A’ was struggling to remain in business as there were not many takers for their product.

Today, “A” has wound up this division while “B” has not only expanded many-folds but also being recognized as a benchmark in human resources.

We should be genuine with and give due respect to both employee and customer. I am with employees in all places where I work for my clients and tell the clients to give as much importance to the employees as they give for their customers.

Thank you once again for the interesting and benefitting discussions.

K.Sambasivam

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.