No Tags Found!

vinomba

Hi Priya,
Definitely this kind of problem make barriers inside the organisation. ID card something to identify the employee inside the organisation not by someone outside environment.
I hope that your management as provide the business card to Manager. If it is provided then explain the situation like this as simple.
Designation may chaged different period of time. Its not constraint that designation remain same after Six or 1 year of period. If management decide to appraisal a person from manager to Sr.Manager then you have to create new Id card. Explain this the formate and condition.
Regards,
Vinoth.R

From India, Madras
Thiyag
Hai,
My solutions would be:
Every year, there are Promotions taking place and with every promotions their designation changes and to make an ID card every year for all the promotions will lead disposal of old Id cards, which I feel is a global waste etc. and also you can project the cost part of it (i.e. cost of making one ID card and cost of making ID cards for the entire employees).
I am not sure about this idea!!!! but certainly you can try.
Thiyag

From India, Madras
vkokamthankar

Your senior managers must be having visiting cards with them to introduce themselves to visitors, customers and cliets. No body introduces themselves by showing their I Card. Moreover it is very difficult to read anything mentioned on I Card if employee is wearing the one.
Did you consult your superiors before finalising I Card design and it's contents? In that case you can simply say it is a management decision. You can also argue that you are following the practices of professional and big corporates. One needs to understand the purpose of introducing I Card and you will have to emphasize that to all.
Thanks & Regards

From India, Pune
eppendorf
Dear Priya,
It is a real stupidity if any one mention the designation in I card, to project themselves, they can use their business card, and when their designation changes we can't keep changing their designation every time.In an ID Card onlt their name photo,employee code, blood group and the company address.These are the basic details which has to be mentioned.I can understand your situation because we are also 1oo+ company and i am the only HR.So these kind of company, it is really difficult to convince.So tell them that these are the basic details that has to be included.
Regards,
Prema

From India, Madras
CJyoti

NO,
As per me avoid designation. You explain to u r superior that if we will mention the designation . Every year we need to change there ID cards which will be our yearly cost , which is not sutaible .
In employee ID you should mention Blood group & His/her birthdate.
Jyoti

From India, Mumbai
kalpa poonacha
Dear Priya,
Pls avoid putting the designation in the ID cards, one of the reasons you can mention is that whenever an employee gets the promotion/demotion again the ID card has to be changed (again it is an expenses to the company)!
We in our Biocon Group never put designation in the ID card.
Hope this point will be helpful.
Regards,
Kalpa Poonacha

From India, Bangalore
vkokamthankar

Dear Flower-Floss,

I can understand your position and can imagine what you are going thru. Though I am not fully aware of the environment and circumstances in your company, from your postings I got a hint.

You are alone in HR Dept., may be you have grown within the organization very fast, though you are young. Your views and policies are welcomed by top management. May be you have good rapport with top management and may be you are taking decisions on your own without consulting other seniors, who feel small. May be all this is making seniors in your company sulk. They are feeling you are growing out of your size and may overtake them. Hence they will try to find faults with you and will try to corner you at any given opportunity. In short you are in a enviable position and also in a hot sit.

It is difficult balancing act to work with seniors who are sulking and what you should do in such a difficult situation. Few tips:
  • Your behavior will have to be mature and not like your seniors, and then only you will earn respect.
  • Do not offer opportunities to others to criticize you by taking hasty or reactive decisions.
  • Win as many friends and admirers in the organization. Approach and communicate with people at all levels. Do not think yourself as a person in unique position.
  • Planning, homework and deep thinking will make your actions and decisions more acceptable, both by management and employees.
  • Involve more people in policy making decisions at least give that impression.
  • In case you have to change any of your decisions do not take it as your defeat.

I feel one should have a very clear understanding of the very purpose of introducing any new policy or process. Any new policy needs to be discussed and vetted by management, before introduction. But there will be always resistance to it from someone or other.

I am attaching an I Card Policy drafted by me some time back. May be it will be useful to you and other citehr members.

Enough of advice!!!

Thanks & Regards

From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Draft I Card Policy.doc (25.5 KB, 279 views)

JM Rao

Adding Designation is always avoided internationally, the sole purpose Id card is to
1. Timings
2. Security
3. Branding of the company
none of the above parameters get effected by Designation, even in my company we have not included designation in ID cards.
It is against the principle of equal status to all the employs
may be you can change the back ground colour of the ID card like
Juniors staff - Yellow
Middle staff - Green
Senior staff - Blue

From India, Hyderabad
som1m_rocks
Hi Priya,
As mentioned by the top management officers, designation is a must in ID card. If it needs to be implemented, it has to be done for all employees, as policies if for all...
Thanks and Regards
Somnath

From India, Hyderabad
flower_floss@yahoo.com

I told them everything, all the suggestions and views you all had given. I tried to convince them a lotttttttttt. A lot. Atlast I lost. I was not able to change their mindset. I have to regenerate Employee ID cards again with Designation. This is not the 1st time , This happened to me a lot many times whenever I tried to implement some policies. All Seniors (age wise , level wise) Vs. HR. Standalone HR always loses. Same thing repeated again. I am totally vexed!!!!!!
Moral of the Realtime Story: Always join a Company where there is a full fledged powerfull HR Team.
Thanks Friends ... Thanks a lot.

From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.