No Tags Found!

vanukuru

A long time ago, a young, wealthy girl was getting ready for bed. She was saying her prayers when she heard a muffled crying coming through her window. A little frightened, she went over to the window and leaned out.

Another girl, who seemed to be about her age and homeless was standing in the alley by the rich girl's house. Her heart went out to the homeless girl, for it was the dead of winter, and the girl had no blanket, only old newspapers someone had thrown out.

The rich girl was suddenly struck with a brilliant idea. She called to the other girl and said, "You there, come to my front door, please."

The homeless girl was so startled she could only manage to nod.

As quick as her legs could take her, the young girl ran down the hall to her mothers closet, and picked out an old quilt and a beat up pillow. She had to walk slower down to the front door as to not trip over the quilt which was hanging down, but she made it eventually. Dropping both the articles, she opened the door. Standing there was the homeless girl, looking quite scared.

The rich girl smiled warmly and handed both articles to the other girl. Her smile grew wider as she watched the true amazement and happiness alight upon the other girl's face. She went to bed incredibly satisfied.

In mid-morning the next day a knock came to the door. The rich girl flew to the door hoping that it was the other little girl there. She opened the large door and looked outside. It was the other little girl. Her face looked happy, and she smiled. "I suppose you want these back."

The rich little girl opened her mouth to say that she could keep them when another idea popped into her head. "No, I want them back."

The homeless girl's face fell. This was obviously not the answer she had hoped for. She reluctantly laid down the beat up things, and turned to leave when the rich girl yelled, "Wait! Stay right there."

She turned in time to see the rich girl running up the stairs and down a long corridor. Deciding whatever the rich little girl was doing wasn't worth waiting for she started to turn around and walk away. As her foot hit the first step, she felt someone tap her on the shoulder, turning she saw the rich little girl, thrusting a new blanket and pillow at her. "Have these." she said quietly.

These were her own personal belonging made of silk and down feathers.

As the two grew older they didn't see each other much, but they were never far from each other's minds. One day, the Rich girl, who was now a Rich woman got a telephone call from someone. A lawyer, saying that she was requested to see him.

When she arrived at the office, he told her what had happened. Forty years ago, when she was nine years old, she had helped a little girl in need. That grew into a middle-class woman with a husband and two children. She had recently died and left something for her in her will. "Though," the lawyer said, "it's the most peculiar thing. She left you a pillow and a blanket."

From India, Gurgaon
as_ashu31

Hi vinod..
very nice and though new story.............
life actually repays us what we give it........
Ashish paliwal
Wisdom from an idiot

From India, Delhi
nagaraja.b.l

]dear Vanu
ie is fine.What i dont understand is what greatness lies in returnig it obsolescent.If shehad returned something greater than that..alright.MAY BE IM TUBE....L...I...G..HT.WHAT IS THE MESSAGE
NAGARAJA.

From India
boss2966

Dear Friend
What do you want to convey from this story. If you help someone in their needy hours, you will get the obsolescent, when it is not at all required to you. (As like our new Insurance companies, they will promise something and while approaching for the return you will get less than what you have paid and even if the same you kept in Savings account also might have earned some interest. If you question them, they will tell that the same is already available in the T&C and it is repaid as per prevailing market position.)
Hope the conclusion and moral of the story is "DO NOT HELP THE NEEDY PERSON IN THEIR NEEDY HOURS".
Great Story with great moral. Keep on sharing Friend.

From India, Kumbakonam
vanukuru

It is all about rememberance and kept the things near her till the death and returned back to whom it was, I believe
From India, Gurgaon
avsjai

Thank you Vinod for sharing a nice story.
The moral of the story is:
More than the remembrance the concept of understanding the 'Value of Values' is clear in this story.
Here we should not equate the VALUE in commercial term, instead of willing to depart the same 'Pillow & Blanket' after many years,should be appreciated and that too through a WILL. This indicates the seriousness of understanding the value of values.
Great attempt by all.

From India, Madras
nagaraja.b.l

friends,
i perused the replies.one friend replied that WHAT YOU GIVE,YOU WILL GET BACK.BOSS,THIS IS USED IN THE NEGATIVE SENSE.MOREOVER HERE YOU DID NOT GET BACK WHATYOU GAVE BUT GOT BACK THINGS USED FOR 40 YEARS......
THAT LADY WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE SHOULD HAVE MET OR DONE BETTER.ANYWAY,GOOD IT DEPENDS ONPERCEPTION.
HAVE YOU HEARD OF A BOY AND DOCTOR STORY IN THE SAme sitesome time back thatwas wonderful

From India
fekans@hotmail.com

You only need certain things while you are alive, and after death you do not need it. Same for a pillow, it is only needed before you fall asleep, but is not important after falling asleep.
I think this story is about remembrance. Somebody has been thinking of the Rich girl for 40 years and may be as long as the soul lives.

From United Kingdom, London
nagaraja.b.l

]friends, i appreciate the moral and values attached to the story...remembrance etc. whaT I MEAN IS ,TO REPAY OR EXPRESS GRATITUDE,YOU DONT NEED WILL,LAWER.....THEY COULD HAVE BECOME GREAT FRIENDS WHEN THEY WERE ALIVE AND DO WONDERFUL SOCIAL SERVICE
From India
shilpasundresh
Moral of the story is one must remember the person til thr last breath who has helped them when in need.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.