No Tags Found!

pooja_dehli
Dear Seniors,
I would like to put a point here. I have recently joined the IT company. discipine about time and punctuality is not there. My Boss told me to enforce the discipline in the comapny.
I am not able to understand how to do it.
I mean, firstly i want to blast a mail to all of them, then what should be the hard text of the mail.
I will be in high spirits for you kind anticipation.
Thanks,
Pooja

From Pakistan, Islamabad
tsivasankaran

Hi Pooja
You cant force discipline
Read the book titled BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN PEOPLE by Anbrey C Daniels
He has nicely described about Postive Reinforcements and I suceeded many times using this positive reinforcements. I also know how tough it is to convince your collegues But it works
Siva

From India, Chennai
tsivasankaran

Discipline is big subject

There has to be a meaning in demanding discipline In otherwords organisations shall look at Meaningful discipline

Let me deal with the subject Punctuality

What is punctuality? Organisations must define this first

If you define punctuality as something coming to office, then it is not correct. I addressed this issue a few days back in this forum. Punctuality should encompass all areas including keeping up appointments, meeting schedules, delivery schedules etc

How will you bring in the culture of Punctuality in an organisation??

That is your question.

Now I would you request to recall Theory X and Theory Y

Theory X talks about whip and Theory Y talks about people basically wanting to do things

When you are trying to bring in a culture of Punctuality in an organisation, believe that all in the organisation want to be punctual. Build all your exercise around this belief. Have counselling sessions, Training Progerammes and one to one discussions with all . Make them to feel it is really a pride to work in a culture of punctuality. This Pride will make everyone to come on time deliver on time and results will be lasting

When do we use Theory X? Sometimes, after establishing the culture, you will find the need to use the whip sparingly.

Siva

Am I making some sense or you want more clarification?

From India, Chennai
samo
Hi pooja
I would like to add something that is, discipline cant be taught its more about your own attitude and especially attitude of your top management or seniors. If they exhibit punctuality for example then ultimately everyone will follow the same atleast they would try.Culture of the organization depends heavily on the values and norms that are held.Dont be harsh on your members regarding disciplinary issues.Do everything step by step.You have to consider this also that it would be difficult for them also to to leave their habit.As by nature man is rigid.
Hopefully it would have provide you some hints.
:)

From Pakistan, Karachi
rohit16
hi

understand ur problem , well i m also working in a textiles company in dubai as a administrative genral manager , first of all if u have to maintain discipline . u must set example infront of everyone that u r perfect then once u acheive this . u must call all the people to whom u want to disciplined . just speak to them in a very nicely and just what main thing u have to do is u have to motivate them . just give them motivation . u have to make them realize from their inside and this is up to u that how u do it because i m not familiar abt the atmosphere there . just give them one chance .

if no improvement is there then speak to them second time and give them another chance . i know then mostly people will follow the rules if u will motivate them properly and in the last if still anyperson is not up to the mark then i will suggest u to throw him /. her out of the company so that other people must see and get a bit afraid .

this is what my experience says .

rest up to u .

al the best

thanks

rohit

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.