No Tags Found!

seema valia
Hi All,
this is the first time I am posting a query on CiteHR , must say it is of great help ..thanks to all of you for your contribution.
I have following query:
Is it mandatory to allot particular number of PLs for a financial year or it depends from company to company.
We have 40 leaves to be alloted , I am planning to allot 24 as Pl , 7 as CL and 9 as SL. Am I right ? pl comment...thanks

From India, Mumbai
vijaybagul
Hi seema,
as per factories Act. Chapter Viii of Annual leave with wages under Section 79 it is stated that every employee who has worked for a period 240 days or more in a factory during calender year shall be allowed during subsequent calendear year leave with wages for a number of days calculated at the rate of one day for every twenty days of work performed by him during the pervious calender year.
According to this u should give minimum 19 days paid leave ( PL ).
thanks
vijay

From India, Delhi
grajaram50

Hi Seema,

Firstly one needs to know if your query is for Workers or for Staff?

Since you say you have 40 days to allot, I presume it is for the staff.

If it is for staff, there is no particular rules governing this. It is purely a decision of the Management.

Your distribution seems OK

24 days PL - Normally PL is accumulatable and encashable. Again the limit depends on the Management.

9 days CL - This is not encashabe and cannot be accumulated, since this being Casual Leave, it is meant for a Casual occurence only and lapses at the end of the calender year.

7 days SL - This is meant for sickness and hence can be availed only when one is sick. This also is accumulatable but not encashable.

However if a Management wants the staff to benefit, then all the 40 days can be PL, which can be utilised for any occassion - planned leave, vacation, casual occurrence, sickness, etc.

As I have said it is purely the prerogative of the management.

If it is for Workers, then one needs to adhere to factory rules as brought out by Vijay.

Calculation:

No of days in a year = 365

Less Sundays 52

Less National and Festival Holidays say 10

Balance working days 303

Earned Leave @ 1 day for every 20

days worked 15 days

Earned leave is accumulatable upto 30 days only. Hence it has to be availed or it will lapse.

Casual leave can be given to workers generally at 1 day per month which means 12 day in a year.

Sick leave is generally looked after by the ESI. However the management may give sick leave for short sicknesses, which do not warrant treatment in ESI.

Any further clarifications for leave or any other matter related to HR, IR, Health, Environment, Safety, Welfare - please feel to contact me at my direct mail ID - OR

Thanks and with best wishes

Col Rajaram

HR Consultant

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.