No Tags Found!

tanaji

Any one can tell me that what is the percentage of the Gratuity? and how can we calculate it?
From India, Pune
Md Meraj
Hi Tanaji, Calculation of Gratuity* is as follows: Last drawn basic X 15/26 X no of years with the company. * Subject to eligiblity criterion being satisfied Thanks, Meraj

abhirutu

Hello
Some benevolent companies prefer 30 days basic wage for every completed year of service.
In terms of various judgements of Supreme Court, anyone who has completed more than 180 days continuous work, he/she is eligible for that year's gratuity as well.
Please also refer the relevant section of Income Tax as the amount of gratuity tax free is restricted to 10 months pay or Rs.3,50,000/- whichever is lower.
Regards :)

From India, Mumbai
welcomeumesh

Hi,
Let me also add something, an employee who worked for 4 years and few months may also be eligible for gratuity if in last year he/she has worked for 240 days.
I mean, if an employee has worked for 4 years and 8 months and he was present for 240 days in last year, he/she is eligible for gratuity.
Gtauity may also be withdrawn by the employer, if the employee was terminated on the main reason being his conduct, obstructive behaviour.
warm regards,
Umesh Chaudhary
(welcomeumesh@yahoo.com)

From India, Delhi
Md Meraj
Hi Abhiritu,
Would appreciate if you can forward a copy or reference case of the Supreme court Judgement on the 180 days continuous work leading to eligibility for that years Gratuity. I'll like to study the same.
180 and 240 days is a criteria for definition of period of continuous work for determination of Gratuity. I suppose 180 days criterion is only for certain class of Establishment(Mines etc) and not general establishment.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Meraj

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.