View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

hrsaurabh
Dear all,
I agree with all of you. The theory does nt relate to recruitment, appraisal and stuffs like that. It only emphasises on the heirarchy of motivation.
As far as I know, this is just a theory of motivation.
This is a nice quiz to be started. Everyone will get so much to learn.
Regards,

From India
thiruhrd
Dear Seema & Preet,
Thanks for your complements and also I am very sorry, I have exceeded my time limit because of some official commitments.
My Question: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TERMINATION, DISMISSAL, DISCHARGE AND RETRENCHMENT? PLEASE EXPLAIN IN BRIEF.
Thanks with Regards
Thiru

From Germany, Herzogenaurach
karnarun

Hi, First of all thanks a lot for these kind of practice to generate and share the ideas, I agree that Maslow theory is how to motivate a human being, to get fruitful results. Refards arun
From India, Delhi
preetk

Hi Thiru,
Thanks for posting your question. It is better late than never. But try to maintain timings as we may proceed with other winner to post the question.
It is good question every HR person should know. Don't ask them to write a brief reply. The reply should be short and sweet.
Hi all
Once the question is closed for answering do not answer again or reply on those topics. (Still I am receiving the answers for Maslow's theory)
Come on guys answer this question. Your time is till Tuesday 11.30 AM
Preet

From India, Bangalore
prosearch

Hi Preet & Others,
It is very a good initiative from your end. From this HR people can learn new things about HR. Seema did a good job by posting a case study in a real time situation. It gives the opportunity to analyse the case and action to be taken by the HR person.
We appreciate this initiative. To keep this spirit high and people to learn more things we thought of sponsoring this topic by giving the prizes for one Lucky Winner from the list of winners who answered correctly on fornightly basis.
If you say yes, then I will send you the details and procedure how the winner will be chosen for prizes from Prosearch Station.
Prosearchstation (Unit of Promentor Consulting) is a Bangalore based recruitment firm, which serves IT & Non IT clients across India. We do recruitments right from the freshers till senior management level.
All the best for everyone who answers correctly or try to answer the question.
Regards,
Praveen
Pro Search Station

From India, Bangalore
india_123
Hi,
Dismissal is a temporary removal of the person form the organisation as a punishment for his doing.
Discharge is end of service contract with mutual understanding.
Termination This is done during the Training / Probation Period of any employee. That means we have to specify the Appointment order that we may terminate their services if the performance of the employee is not satisfied.
As requested by preet i am just posting the simple answer. If thiru wants me to explain it in brief i can explain.
Regards
Sreeni

From Singapore, Singapore
preetk

Hi Thiru, Let us wait till 6 pm today. We will give the chance to others to answer. If no one answer by 6 today, then I will put my answer. Preet
From India, Bangalore
DipikaNA

Hello
My answers are:
TERMINATION : Termination means voluntary or unvoluntary getting released from the organization.Getting separated.
DISMISSAL : Dismissal means initiative by the organisation (unvoluntary) for the release of the employee.
DISCHARGE : Mutual release from the organization.
RETRENCHMENT: Downsizing of the employee by the organization
Regards
Dipika Amlani

From India, Mumbai
preetk

Hi Sreeni,
Your way of answering is correct which short and sweet. Brief answers might confuse the readers, and many of them don't have patience to read such a big answers. Thanks for answering in short.
Again, I think your answer is swaped with the terminology asked by Thiru.
In my opinion dismissal is Permenant removal. Anyway check and answer. Thiru will decide on the winner.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
preetk

Hi Praveen,
Thanks for your complements. As far as the prizes which you are ready to offer, at this moment we are not in situation to say yes or no, as it might be against the rules and regulations of this Cite HR website. Let me check it up from Mr.Sidartha Roy and let you know.
Preet.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.