No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: USEFUL & FEEL THE NEED TO CONTINUE WITH GOOD POSTINGS..........???
Yes........ Let us Go ahead......... 61 96.83%
No.......... Not so useful....... 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

pratik.kubavat

this is really a good thread
& i personally do believe that (Resume/Curriculum Vitae/Bio-data) is the identity of a candidate
Because it's the first thing that we send to employer while getting job
It should be perfect
Is there anything for me CRK , just let me know

From India, Ahmadabad
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

- My CV Builder

There are many reasons why your CV or resume can be rejected. Some of the most common reasons are listed below:

The Initial Impression From Your CV - As statistics have shown, a potential employer looks at a CV for around 10-15 seconds before an impression is created in their mind as to the suitability of the individual for the job. This shows that unless you attract the attention of the reader, your chances of getting an interview will have been reduced straight away. You have to remember that a potential employer may have scores if not a hundred or more CVs to look at, and there may only be a limited time to analyse these CVs and create a shortlist. Therefore, you have to ensure that your CV or resume shows the reader that you match their requirements and that the reader is able to recognise that from your CV very easily.

The Length of Your CV - The best size for your CV is two pages of A4. For resumes, the best size is one page in length, and only use two pages if it cannot be avoided. You should only make CVs longer if it is specifically required from you to provide the potential employer with additional, or more detailed information.

The Way Your Information is Organised - If the potential employer is not able to follow your CV and locate relevant information they will most likely not bother to try any harder to find the information and instead just give up. This means that your CV or resume will be put on the rejected pile. You must organise and arrange your CV or resume in such a way that the potential employer will see what they are looking for more or less instantaneously. Avoid cramping too much information and make sure there is plenty of white space.

Your CV is Overwritten or Provides Too Little Information - Both of these should be avoided. Too much information in lengthy paragraphs makes it hard for the reader to find the relevant information. And on the other hand, not providing all the relevant details from your qualifications, career history and other experiences will leave the potential employer without anything to determine your suitability for th e job. You must first analyse the requirements for the job and then choose the most appropriate information from your skills audit to include within your CV or resume. This will ensure that you do provide enough information and only what is relevant.

Spelling Mistakes, Typos and Poor Grammar. - No matter how hard you look and check over your work, there always seems to be something that you have missed. Errors such as these can make you appear unprofessional and as someone who is careless. Therefore, you should always get somebody else to check your CV for grammatical errors.

Your CV Does Not Demonstrate Results of Achievements - Your CV or resume is your personal marketing tool. If you do not demonstrate past results and achievements to prove to the employer that they should employ you as opposed to others, then your CV or resume has failed. You need to clear state that you are suited for the job and then present evidence for that suitability. This is the objective behind your CV or resume.

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

By Jason Belasco

The word "resume" originates from the French, and means "to summarize." Damn French. Because of their stupid word, you now have to condense your entire lifetime onto one piece of paper, with the desperate hope that someone who reads it will instantly know what a great person you are and give you a high-paying job.

But you, my friend, are completely misguided if you think that's what your resume will get you.

The purpose of your resume is not to get you a job. "What?!" you say. "Years of classical conditioning have instructed me that if I write a good resume, I'll get a good job!" Sorry, but you've been had.

The purpose of a resume is to get an interview, not a job. Once you get in the door, it's your winning personality and discussion of your lifetime of experiences that will get you the job.

You could have the most brilliant resume in the world, but if you walk into an interview and do nothing but drool on yourself, that resume will be worthless (unless the job consists of massive drooling, or you are an actor portraying a 2-year-old). But drool no more, for today you will learn how to put together the perfect resume: one that will play up your experience, play down your liabilities and at least improve your chances at eventually acquiring your dream cubicle.

One footnote: We will be working under the assumption that you are either still in, or have recently graduated from, college. If you've been out in the real world (or sleeping on your mom's couch) for more than a couple of years, this all still applies to you. The only main difference is that you'll have to talk more about your work experience, whereas recent college grads can add stuff like school activities to their resumes.

Instructions

Make a Huge List

Before you sit down to write (or fix) that resume, the first thing you should do is make a list of everything you have ever done or accomplished in your entire life. This means everything: every single job, award, honor, volunteer work, skill, language, hobby, wart, bad dream and witty retort. Try to make the list chronological, starting with your most recent accomplishments and working your way backward right up until you received your Quickest Passage Through The Birth Canal Award. We shall deem this list your "Fat List."

Henceforth, when we speak of your Fat List, we speak of the list of your life, not the list of your daily fatty-foods intake. Take good care of this list. It is your new best friend.

Why the need for such a list? Three reasons:

1. Because you can