No Tags Found!

shakeelahmedkhan

Dear Seniors,
I am working in the middle east and my manager asked me to prepare the policy for Internal Transfer of Employees, I would appreciate if anyone share some important points or the one they are practising in their respective organizations so that I can go thru it and prepare the one that suits my company.
Thanks and best regards,
Shaq

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
M.Sayeed

The purpose of the Promotion/Transfer Policy is to provide greater opportunities for promotion and transfer from within and to improve the upward mobility potential for qualified staff. The policy is designed to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants.

Below is the Info Extract from Internet, you can change as per your requirements..

1. PURPOSE

11. To offer employees opportunity for development and career advancement through transfer/promotion from within.

12. To provide managers with qualified internal applicants.

2. SCOPE

11. This policy applies to Company XYZ regular full-time exempt and non-exempt positions at the level of Vice President and below. The Hiring Manager and Human Resources may elect not to post certain positions on an exception basis.

12. Company XYZ reserves the right to change this policy at any time and for any reason.

1. DEFINITIONS

11. Regular employee: an employee of Company XYZ; salary is paid directly to the employee by the Company

12. Temporary (or Contract) worker: person is contracted for a specified/ predetermined length of work through a temporary help agency; salary is paid to the worker by the agency

13. External candidate: a candidate not currently employed by Company XYZ

14. Internal candidate: a regular employee requesting to transfer from one department to another

15. Converting candidate: a candidate converting from contract (temporary) to a regular position

16. Division Head: highest level leader of a Division; where there is no Division Head (example, CMP), term applies to the most senior functional VP or CFO

1. ASSOCIATED MATERIALS

• Personnel Requisition (9809-112630)

• Internal Transfer Opportunity Form (9809-111437)

• Employee Action Form (9809-108136)

1. RESPONSIBILITIES

51. Employee

511. The employee is responsible for evaluating his/her own career interests and goals with Company XYZ.

512. Employee completes an Internal Transfer Opportunity form, obtains his/her supervisor's signature, attaches other documentation as needed, and submits the completed form and attachments to Human Resources within the 5-day posting period. If the Employee is not comfortable notifying his/her supervisor, HR will contact the supervisor for signature.

52. Hiring Manager

511. The Hiring Manager is responsible to fill the position with the most qualified candidate without regard to age, color, race, national origin, religion, gender, disabilities or veteran status.

53. Releasing Manager

511. The Releasing Manager should understand and encourage Employee's career goals to the extent they are consistent with Company goals, assist in defining career objectives and encourage Employee to pursue career development within the Company.

512. Releasing Manager and Hiring Manager negotiate Employee's transfer date.

513. At the time of acceptance, the Releasing Manager should review the need to back-fill the position, and if needed, generate a Personnel Requisition.

54. Human Resources

511. Generate job postings for all appropriate positions to be filled; post for 5 working days.

512. Review Internal Transfer Applications for eligibility and completeness.

1. PROCEDURE

51. Eligibility

511. In order to apply for an internally posted position, the applicant must be a regular full-time employee of Company XYZ. Generally, the applicant must have acceptable performance (not on a corrective action plan), although it is recognized that in some circumstances is may be preferable to transfer an employee to a position as to which he or she is better suited than to insist upon satisfactory performance in one position before permitting transfer to another.

512. Applicants must meet the experience and educational requirements as outlined in the job posting announcement.

513. Regular Company XYZ employees should be given first consideration for internally posted positions. If regular employee applicants are deemed insufficient to meet Company objectives, then qualified temporary workers and external candidates may also be considered.

514. Meeting minimum requirements does not necessarily guarantee an interview.

515. Newly hired Company XYZ employees will be eligible to take advantage of the posting process after completion of twelve (12) months of service. The Company reserves the right to grant exceptions based on business needs.

516. Employees who have transferred to a new position or department will be eligible for the posting process after twelve (12) months in the new department. The Company reserves the right to grant exceptions based on business needs.

52. Application Process

511. When an approved position (see Staffing Policy) becomes available for posting, Human Resources will generate posting announcements electronically and post in designated areas within company facilities.

512. The internal posting period is five (5) working days, during which time eligible employees may apply. External recruiting may take place simultaneous to the posting to expedite the process as business needs require.

513. If qualified, Employee completes an Internal Transfer Opportunity Form and obtains his/her supervisor's signature as a notification courtesy. If Employee is not comfortable notifying supervisor, HR will obtain the signature.

514. The Employee's supervisor signs the Internal Transfer Opportunity Form acknowledging notification of Employee's application and confirms Employee's eligibility.

515. In extreme business conditions, if Employee's supervisor feels the transfer/promotion of Employee will be detrimental to business, Supervisor provides an exception request to the Division Head and HR immediately for approval; if approved, Employee can be informed prior to the interview.

516. Employee attaches other documentation to Internal Transfer Opportunity Form as needed, and submits the completed form and attachments to Human Resources within the 5-day posting period.

517. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant and may delay the application process, or result in a non-qualification for the position.

518. The Hiring Manager and/or Human Resources will determine the most qualified internal candidate(s). Simply meeting minimum requirements does not necessarily guarantee an interview.

519. The Hiring Manager should give first consideration to regular employees.

53. Interviewing

511. The Hiring Manager arranges and conducts interviews of the selected candidates.

512. The Hiring Manager and HR collaboratively identify the candidate to be hired.

513. Should the internal candidate(s) not meet the qualifications for the posted position, or are not otherwise selected for interview or hire, the Hiring Manager provides an explanation to the candidate(s) of why they were not selected. If the Hiring Manager is not available, the HR Representative will provide the appropriate feedback to the candidate(s).

514. Hiring Manager may conduct a reference check with Employee's supervisor.

515. All positions will be filled (whether internally or through external sources) by the most qualified individuals without regard to age, color, race, national origin, religion, gender, disabilities or veteran status.

54. Making the Offer

511. The Hiring Manager and HR collaboratively determine the starting salary to be offered. Any deviation from the compensation guidelines needs prior approval by the Division Head and the VP of Human Resources.

512. The Hiring Manager negotiates a transfer date for the employee with the Releasing Manager, insuring a minimal negative impact on business while remaining cognizant of the employee's needs. A reasonable period of time is typically two weeks for non-exempt and four weeks for exempt employees. The Releasing Manager and the Hiring Manager may agree to another transfer date based on overall business needs; in periods of extreme need, the length of the hold over period can be extended for up to thirty days, providing:

6421. The Hiring Manager's and Releasing Manager's common manager approves of the extension period, and

6422. A "best guess" date for release is set and agreed upon, and

6423. The Releasing Manager agrees to pay Employee at the new salary rate, providing a salary increase is part of the job change.

513. Any further extensions require approvals by the Division Head and VP of HR.

514. The Hiring Manager generates the Employee Action Form for the transferring employee and submits to Human Resources. When HR approval is received, the Hiring Manager solicits the remaining required approval signatures. Once all approval signatures are received, the Hiring Manager may then extend the offer.

55. The Hiring Manager informs all non-selected internal applicants of the decision with an explanation of why they were not selected.

56. The Hiring Manager submits all interviewing/hiring documents to Human Resources for retention.

Thank you and have a good day..

From Kuwait, Hawalli
shakeelahmedkhan

Dear Sayeed Saab,
Thank you so very much for your detailed response, it is exactly matches with my requirements; all I have to do is some minor changes.
I would appreciate if you share the flow chart for the same if you have one.
Thanks once again for your support.
Best regards,
Shaq

M.Sayeed

https://www.citehr.com/383715-organogram.html
kindly visit above, i beleive thats what you looking for..
Thanks
And Simham Sir,
Yes, info extract from internet, i mention the same in my initial post, (Extract from Internet)
If its caused inconveneince, then request to remove.
Rgds,

From Kuwait, Hawalli
shakeelahmedkhan

Dear Sayeed Saab,
Thanx for your quick response, well the above will not help me out but its fine, I will make by my own but what I will do here is after finishing my chart I will post it here for some corrections it may have from all the seniors.
Thanx once again.
Best regards,
Shaq

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.