AnanyaB
Thank you All for your insightfull responses. I would like to clarify a few points raised here:
1. There were only 2 candidates in the final round
2. I personally called the company twice and also emailed them requesting for feedback
And the most important thing is that I am not at all demotivated by this. I am trying for other good companies and am confident that I will get what I deserve.
I will let you all know if they give me some feedback (coz m still after them ;) )
Thanks again for sharing your views.
- Ananya

From India, Pune
coachamit
I totally agree. Companies should have a standard template through which they communicate with rejected candidates. This would be valuable for candidates who haven’t been selected and will build credibility for the company.
But the problem is, HR dept just doesn’t care. No one is willing to go the extra mile to help less fortunate.

From India, Chandigarh
preeth31
Hi Ananya,
As Simmy has said many do not communicate the result and the candidate knows not how long to wait and whether to wait or not. Its appreciable the result being communicated. With many candidates lined up for the same position it might be difficult to get back to each candidate with the feedback. But at the end of the interview, feedback may be given on the areas to be improved which would be of help to a fresher.
I had done this to the candidates interviewed by me and that leaves a better impression of the recruitment procedure to a fresher giving hope and a positive outlook.
But yes it might be difficult to get back through email the feedback to one and all among a lot of activities waiting. But always it can be tried to improve the system and give a very good opinion of the organisation and the culture.
Preetha

From India, Madurai
kalapu
Dear Ananya,
I can understand your feelings here. But the point we need to know is that the company will pick the RIGHT Candidate for the position. Till then they would keep looking out. So in your case, you need to do a self assessment on the interview and figure out where it went wrong. As fresher you /any one would expect the company to give you a feedback on your interview, but companies do not have time.
You should be proud of your performance that you could clear 3 rounds. One last word before i close is that , there is an element of luck also involved in the whole process. " One should be at the right place at the right time".
All the Best and good luck on your future interviews.
Regards
K.S.Chakradhar Reddy

From India, Hyderabad
Bharat Ketkar

Why does the candidate feels bad when the interview does not go well? I have personaly experienced that interview panel or a individual interviewee may not be capable enough to judge the candidate. And the candidate starts thinking about lakunas in himself.
This is really bad, majority interviewers are extremaly short of knowledge and experience in conducting interviews
Then it is whose fault
Bharat Ketkar
9689 90 16 04

From Switzerland, Langenthal
Anupma DD

Dear All Freshers,

A 'rejection' is a wonderful opportunity for self assessment, which is easily done with some reflection & ability to take your imperfections sportingly in your stride.

Just remember to be kind towards yourself & use appropriate language:

a) Did i use too many negative words while....

b) Maybe i came across more as a problem rather than as part of a solution......

c) Could be my body language gave away my true thoughts!

d) Let me try and recall all that i said, did it lack conviction?

e) Was it my overconfidence that brought about the rejection?

Pl remember these rejections are what will either make you persistent & determined to be a 'go getter' or push you into the pits of self-deprecation.

To wind up here's an exchange with my 15 yr old daughter, good food for thought:

My daughter participated in a debate competition* in the recently organised Tata Youth fest. She came home elated though incredulous at having won a prize. When i asked her why she did not expect to win she replied "I don't know, either losing has become a habit or maybe victory tastes different every time!"

*the debate topic was "Money hai to honey hai; A steady friend means high maintenance" :-)

From India, Mumbai
S.K.Sundararajan

Not only in such circumstances, there are so many like this, even in business, some body will be behind you for something, and suddenly disappear from the network! so many like this.
The root of the problem is in the values people hold in making their personality.
Very few make a hue and cry of these things. That is the biggest problem.
Definitely we need to do something about this.

From India, Madras
nagaraj1946

dear all
some years back, the Governmment in Karnatak wanted to change the uniform of police personnel to that of the uniform of London police. But they forgot that by changing the uniform they cannot change the personnel.
This is also like thie above. Many MNC have come but are managed by indian professionals only. How can they change.
It always sytenths my belief that " we have become modern, but not civilied"
nagaraj

From India, Bangalore
nadeem3arshad

What about my interview experience I faced 6 years before in a MNC.

My Resume Short listed, Faced telephonic Interviews twice, from HR & Technical Manager, and recieved a call for final Interview.

I took one day leave from present company, and after 4 hours travel I reached for interview,

After half an hour wait G.M called me in for interwiew and asked do you have any practical experience on primavera, I answered, sir I worked on M.S Project,

G.M told me dont waste my time just tell me do YOU worked on PRIMAVERA or not, I told no, G.M told me, sorry you may leave now as we need a person who workes on primavera, The way he was speaking with me was unblievable so I thought may be he is checking my patience, so I tried to convience him politly that I didnot mentioned PRIMAVERA any where in my CV, But he told me to go out and send the next person inside.

I Came out and asked the secratary what is the matter, why he send me out and how he is behaving, secretary told me that he is like this, still I thought may be they are checking my patience, so I asked her I have to wait or leave now, she told you may leave now, I went out of the company gate thinking that may be they will call me back waited half an hour in my car but no responce.

I lost my all patience, I Went to the security again and told them that I forgot my file inside, went to the Office and straight away entered to G.M office and took a seat.

G.M got surprised and asked me, How you came in again,

I answered that you waisted a lot of my time, which you may avoide by looking your primary requirement in my CV. now there are two options, Either you pay my all expances(Rs-400 One day salary, Rs 800 Petrol & car, and 400 as compensation) and say sorry, or I am going to shout and make a big game here, I am ready to face police if you need.

He was so shocked that just he got up, took out his Purse, counted some money and given to me, I took the money thrown again on his face, and told him not to repeat this behavior again with any one and came out of the office.

Secratary asked me why you came again, did G.M Called you again, I told her that I forgot my one file in the office.

Nothing happened after that, but this was an unexpected incidence, but it looks like a dream when I think now about this incidence.

From India, Patiala
AnanyaB
Hey!! Well done..I hope the GM realized his mistake and mended his ways after that...
Its sometimes one person or incedence that ruins the image of an organization..
Even I wasted a lot of time appearing for 3 interviews (in a span of 1 week) while I am having my Semester Examinations....

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.