maliniluky

Here is the story:
It is considered inauspicious to look at the moon on Ganesh chaturth. The story goes that the moon laughed at ganesh'd gait. The humilated ganesha cursed it saying that anyone who watched moon on that day would face a false accusation

From India, Madras
hima1

Aahh Malini!! Reminds me of... One for sorrow.. Sorrow Pass!! Two for Joy in School days!!!:-P:-P:-P
From India, Madras
maliniluky

Brief story:
On one of his birthdays, Lord Ganesha was traveling around house to house on his mouse, his vehicle. He was accepting sweets from people from the houses. Suddenly his mouse saw a snake and was shaken. Ganesha stumbled and fell to the ground. Ganesha's stomach split apart. Ganesha quickly took the snake and tied it around his stomach. The Moon which was watching from above in the sky could not control itself and burst out laughing. Slighted, Ganesha pulled out one of his tusks and threw it at the Moon. Even to this day, the moon is cursed. If you look at the moon on Ganesha Chaturthi, that is Ganesh's birthday, it is believed that it will bring bad luck.

From India, Madras
nithya_hr

If we see moon the third day of Ganesh Chathurthi it is good.... When the Moon Pleaded and cried , Ganesh gave a wish to moon that if any one see him third day od Ganesh chathrthi it is good.
The curse was not to see that MOON That day.. If they see they will get a blame of undone mistake...
Remedy:
In case if any of u see by mistake.. u can take a bowl of milk to terrace see the reflection of moon in that milk and pray the moon and dring it

From India, Madras
nithya_hr

Hmmmmmmmm
Tomorrow iam on leave to office My Grand ma Request me...
actually My hubby's rashi solar eclipse is effecting... But i have to wash the hoe and clean Pooja room go to temple and come home.........

From India, Madras
Shikha_Singh

Wedding Supersitions in the West
The poem goes:
Married in White, you have chosen right,
Married in Grey, you will go far away,
Married in Black, you will wish yourself back,
Married in Red, you will wish yourself dead,
Married in Green, ashamed to be seen,
Married in Blue, you will always be true,
Married in Pearl, you will live in a whirl,
Married in Yellow, ashamed of your fellow,
Married in Brown, you will live in the town,
Married in Pink, your spirit will sink
Also, it is bad luck to use red roses in the bridal bouquet.
Doesnt apply to us Indians at all ! For us, red, pink, yellow are the most auspicious colors, especially for weddings......... and white on the other hand is completely out of weddings...

From India, Mumbai
Shikha_Singh

So sweet Nithya, you are a perfect example of the Indian woman.... working woman in touch with her home and culture...
From India, Mumbai
nithya_hr

Yes Sika , my wedding happenned in yellowwwwwww My God.. My Mother in law family consider yellow and green as important colourssssss
From India, Madras
nithya_hr

I Will do any thing my grand ma ( Mom's Mom ) says.. she is my life
some time we tend to beleive superstition b cos they believe it...
Last night i suffered from back pain never had good sleep my hubby was holding my hand through out the night today morning i receive call frommy grand ma that she dreamed that i cried in back pain. I Was saying ammama it is paining ... This is Love that is end less... Iam lucky to hav grand ma,,,, like this.. hope all of us ar e lucky..

From India, Madras
Shikha_Singh

Co-incidentally, my right palm is itching continuously today .... I know my good luck.... Im going shopping today :icon10:
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.