No Tags Found!

boss2966

Greetings
If the wages / Pay sheet of the Contractor workmen reflects the PF in the Actual Basic Pay i.e., 870/- (12%), obviously the Ee PF Contribution must be deposited as Rs.870/- and EPS Rs.541/- and Er PF Rs.329/- and Rs.19/- (1.1%) EPF Admin Charges to be paid as must be remitted in PF Part and the EDLI Can be paid for the Basic of Rs.6500/- i.e., Rs.33/- as EDLI (0.5%) and charges for EDLI Rs.0.65/- (0.01%).
If the contractor is claiming the full after depositing the partial, then you need not to pay the full.
As a matter of fact, the Er PF part is normally a reimbursement and not paid in advance. Please check the LOI issued to the contractor and act accordingly.

From India, Kumbakonam
f9dafaa1bfeef1e50094506c2ebd4247

Thanks.
my contractor is employing only five workers whose basic salary is less than 6500 rs per months. Is it compulsory to deduct pf?. pf authority is not allotting pf code because contractor is employing less than 20 workers pl. guide me on this

From India, Surat
boss2966

If your contractor is unable to register his establishment for PF, then it is the responsibility of the Principal Employer (You), to deduct from the bills of the contractor and remit the same in your code as the responsibility of compliance lies with the Principal Employer. As per the Work Order the deduction of Employee and Employer PF contribution will be decided.
From India, Kumbakonam
Kalijanni

Let me know your organization have only one contractor ?
if more than one, the other contractor have PF code no. you can avail that code no. to pay this Contractors PF in to that.
if the Contractor paying is PF liability to another contractor, who is doing works in your premises, undertake a letter from both the contractors for the same
No right to contract workmen for claim permanent job, eventough PF contribution paid thru PE PF code No.
V K Rao

From India, Guntur
JAWEDALAM

Dear

As you said your "Contractor is paying salary to his employees and my company is reimbursing the same with employer PF and commission on wages." thats means your company is reimbursing 13.61% to the contractor. If your contractor is deducting 12% on RS. 7254/- i.e. RS. 870/- and depositing only 12% on Rs. 6500/- i.e. Rs. 780/- only that means he is doing fraud of Rs.90/- from Employee's shares.

Similarly your company is reimbursing 13.61% on Rs. 7254/- i.e. 987 but only depositing 13.61% on Rs.6500/- i.e.885/- means fraud of Rs.102/-

So in total he is drawing Rs. 90+Rs.102 = Rs. 192/- per head on A/c of PF (excluding profit)

As per PF Act, only 8.33% (employer's share) of Rs. 6500/- i.e. Rs. 541/-goes to Pension Scheme and the rest amount goes to Provident Fund even if the Wages of the employees goes above Rs.6500/-. In your case it is Rs. 7254/ (Employee's total share of 12% i.e Rs. 987/- will go to PF and from Employer's share of 12% only Rs. 541 will go to Pension scheme and the rest Rs. 446/- will go to PF).

Thanks & Regards

From India, Dhanbad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.