manunair

Dear All, May I please know, if an employee joined in April, then his/her casual leave start from April or May? kindly reply. regards Manu
From India, Bengaluru
Srinivas24

Dear Mr. Manu Nair,

If my understanding is correct, you are from Karnataka.

If that is the case, I would like to clarify that casual leaves are not considered statutory leaves under either the Factories Act read with Karnataka Rules or the Karnataka Shops and Establishment Act.

However, it is within the discretion of the company to credit casual leaves to its employees in accordance with the leave policy, which may vary from company to company as there is no legal bar on this.

Typically, such leaves are credited from the employee's date of joining.

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

Under the Karnataka Shops...Act there is no provision for casual leave but an employee can take leave on the ground of any sickness or accident sustained by him or for any other reasonable cause. The number of such leaves is 12 days and that will run from his current year of joining itself. Therefore, if a day of absence is required on any ground which is 'reasonable' for the employer, he can be granted that leave.
From India, Kannur
neha-sharma1
If I have taken compensatory leave on saturday and then I am on sick leave on monday so sandwich rule will be applicable in this case?
From India, New Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Saturday being compensatory off leave, Sunday should be considered as week off only even though you are on leave on Monday which means sandwich leave policy should not apply. But as these policies are company specific please get it clarified with your HR as many companies apply same scale ( whether compoff or CL/PL/SL) for sandwich leave policy.

From India, Madras
KK!HR

Compensatory off or holiday means it is a regularised absence provided by the company without affecting the leave status of the employee. So, for all practical purposes, the employee is deemed to be on duty, and seen thus, the weekly off falling on Sunday is to be accounted as paid day and the benefit has to accrue to the employees.
This has been the practice followed in a large-scale manufacturing plant and is an employee welfare measure. The criticism is that this promotes absenteeism and needs to be discouraged. Anyhow, as this type of situation would come several times in a year, it is better to have a clear-cut policy laid down for this. There is no statutory provision covering this aspect.

From India, Mumbai
Sapna Panwar

Hi Manunair, Casual leave is applicable from the Date of joining.
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.