Archana.hrdept
Hi Renuka,

1. First and foremost - you have a choice. Let's accept it - working in this condition is your choice, other choice is resign and look for job, which you have not chosen - rightly so. So, you must accept that you have two choices and you have decided to make this choice. Once you accept this - you'd not feel helpless.

2. Having accepted that this is how your organisation works - work as if everything is right - since you have chosen to work in this environment, why not work with positivity and be happy than work with negativity and be sad & stessed? Your being negative and sad does not change the environment for better anyway. While you are there, perform as best as you can, hopefully, you'd be in a position of strength and there are better chances that your boss will listen to you/your problems.

Whenever you are sad again about your condition, remember, you have chosen to work, no one has forced you to work here.

3. Your organisation must have gone thru tough times during the lean phase - and might have prompted them to focus internally on productivity. Many companies are strict about wasting time in chit-chat, personal calls etc. If you look at the BPO industry, cell phones are simply not allowed. You submit your phone when you get in and get it back after your shift! Every organisation has it's compulsions, let's not label them as jail. You do not go to jail by choice!

4. Having said this, I do not mean that you should stick to this organisation. Obviously this is not the best place to be in. With market opening up, changing job is going to be easier - but do not expect anything overnight. Keep trying.

Sorry to sound so harsh.

Be happy *always*

From India, Mumbai
Laxmi Murthy
compromising it doest mean that some one is right and some is wrong... its only values the thoughts of other by killing our ego... in your case you are compromising with your job.. if you want compromise for some more days.. you stick over there or else believe your capabilities and go in to market and prove your self. all the best...
Thanks
T.Laxmi Murthy.

From India, Hyderabad
renukagowda
thank u guys for ur advice....i know i have to work....but sitting continuosly for 9 hrs in front of the desktop is not good things....it will be really good if u speak with ur colleagues
its really annoying keeping ur mouth shut

From India, Bangalore
scnarang
dear renuka
it is good that your company is giving you lot of work and not much time on personal talks ,,because they may have tight schedules . you can hone your skills better when goal are challenging. try to raise your concerns by requesting for a scheduled meeting with your boss, where you can diplomatically raise the issue of your growth,likely schedules and role expectations.then decide future course of action.
scnarang

From India, Delhi
hemamenon

Thanks renuka, all are facing the same problem. we must not run away instead we have face it. i am working in delhi...i have around fiftenn plus of exp. my company is treating us very well. they have kept camera in all the corners of the workstation and will be continiously monitoring us and feel frustrated can u imagine.
more at https://www.citehr.com/250292-how-ov...#ixzz0maDt4KPs

From India, New Delhi
mathiap2001

Hai Renu!
Search for a alternative.Job market is too BIG.
Quit from the current employment.It is as simple as that.
Mercury outsourcing too based out of Bangalore.Do reach us if ur interested....
Rgds,
Mathi
Head-Recruitments(BFSI)

From India
mathiap2001

Hai Renu!
Search for a alternative.Job market is too BIG.Quit from the current employment.It is as simple as that.Mercury outsourcing too based out of Bangalore.Do reach us if ur interested....
Note:No one can work to their potential if the atmosphere is nt good enough
Rgds,
Mathi
Head-Recruitments(BFSI)

From India
yashtikamgarh
Hi ,
take every thing as positive , because we always want to go in comfort , but you can,t learn in comfort - no pain with out gain
1. On 15th Aug , 26th Jan & 2 Oct - no company can take work from you .
2. Saturday off is not compulsory in every firm
3. 1 minute late - you can discipline your self ,if you will follow this i think you never late in your life at any where .
4 . discuss with your colleagues on business focus , how to achieve targets ...you can get good incentives
5. Up to a certain extent Personal calls allowed in most of the company , but you cant go beyond this ..........
6. you cant compare with jail , because its totally different ....... take it positive
Every Exp brings out something good , Good time become good memories
Bad time become Good Lession ,We never lose , We only gain from life..... .
Best wishes................!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rgds
Yashwant

From India, Delhi
geetuabrol
i came to know the problem, yes problem is there but it is better to find a good job first, whatever the situation may be the best thing is you should remain calm about the situation. secondly, are others also feeling the same problem or barriers ? if no then check yourself whether other commitments of home are overlapping your official job ? if you get the answer as no then you must think for a job change, if the answer is yes then be a professional and separate your official and personal problems, till that time try to work according to organisation's norms and it is a fact that one situation or incident you discuss again and again, situation will be more worse, so try to find solution own your on, it will help you.
From India, Delhi
psdhingra

Dear Renuka,
May be a Public Limited Company or a private firm, it can't go beyond the set industrial and shops & establishment norms. You can send complaint to the Company Law Board if it is a public or private limited company, otherwise, if it is a private firm, you can approach to the Inspector of the Shops and Establishment of the state concerned. They will conduct an inquiry in to the unfair practices being adopted by the company and punish the directors of the company or the proprietor of the firm, as the case may be.
Besides, I must advise you to leave such a company where inhuman behavior is adopted and try some other company, which observes the set norms of the industry.

PS Dhingra
Vigilance & Transformation Management Consultant
Dhingra Group of management & Educational Consultants
New Delhi

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.