LaToyaB
Has anyone ever heard of Excellence Through Diversity? (http://www.excellencethroughdiversity.com). A colleague recently recommended that my group try them out.
In general I like what I am seeing though I don't like to jump feet first into anything without some prior knowledge.

From United States, Philadelphia
numerouno

I share your reluctance to pay for an unknown quantity,but it could be a good site.
One of the things that strikes me about diversity is that many of us tend to thing of other people as being diverse, but we too are part of the diversity of humanity.
Too often diversity programs feel a bit like doing minority groups "a favour" rather than genuinely acknowledging that diversity brings a great deal of strength and resource with it.

From Australia, Ballarat
shoOOonya

I would like to draw attention to the fact that Diversity exists at several levels and in several ways ....

Common perception is reference of Diversity in cross-ccountry situations.

A workplace having Employees/Colleagues from various countries.

But Diversity is to be considered in several respects, Wether you take India or US or any other country for example . . .

You will find several Sub Cultures within the Country. Large countries like India / US etc. have many many sub cultures which are pretty diverse in nature.

The failure to recognise the Diversity at grass root levels can often lead to problems in "Team Work" where different members of the Team are unable to understand or adjust with each other.

Cross County Cultural Mix in Teams further aggravates the Problem and only then do Organisations realise the potential problems and swing into action.

Gender , Race , Income Bracket form various strtata of diversity which need to be handled carefully.

A nice example i remember is the School Uniform !!

A concept to bring all kids at par !!

;-)

From Switzerland, Geneva
LaToyaB
Thanks for your input. I agree with your thoughts but I simply needed to know if anyone else had taken the course previously.
After my original post I have spoken with two individuals that have in fact taken the course. I am sure it will indeed serve my purposes.
I do not usually give plugs for other companies though you all may want to check out http://www.excellencethroughdiversity.com.
LaToya B

From United States, Philadelphia
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.