No Tags Found!

swapnaleehr
Dear Anil, As i am working with the small organization of 20 employees what should i do apart from recruitment?? as in how should i start??
From India, Mumbai
shikhar124
Hi,
I have worked in an organization for 10 months and when the time came for appraisals, they have fired me with the reason "Cost Cutting and Downsizing"
Please help as they are not interested in giving salary for the last month too. What I need to do?
Regards,
Shikhar

From India, Delhi
ajadhav2004

Dear Swapnaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hopw u will fine and following infromation will be useful to u.

A)If am H.R. Manager of manufacturing company and in this company want recruit new employees then I will take information from HOD’s How many employees need to work in organisaton ?

B) Job Analysis : After having decided how many persons would be needed it is necessary to prepare a job analysis which records details of training, skills, qualifications, experiences, which are needed for a job. Job analysis includes the preparation of job descriptions and job specifications so right man on right job on right time will gate and organization goal will success.

C)Recruitment Policy : After job analysis I will make good recruitment policy. In this policy must contain following elements :

• Organisation objectives - both in the short term and long term must be taken into consideration as a basic parameter for recruitment decisions and needs of the personnel area wise job family wise.

• Identification on the recruitment needs to take decisions regarding the balance of the qualitative dimensions of the would be recruits.

• Preferred sources of recruitment which would be tapped by the organization.

• Criteria of selection and preference

• The cost of recruitment and financial implications of the same.

D) Forecast of manpower recruitment : In this point will specify the indents or requisition :

• The jobs or operations or positions for which the person should be available.

• Duration of their employment

• Salary to be offered and any other conditions and terms of employment which the indenting officer feels necessary.

Then I will use various stages in the recruitment process include:

• Identifying the need to recruit

• Identifying the job requirements.

• Deciding the sources of potential recruits

• Deciding the selection method

• Short listing candidates.

• Selecting the successful

• Notifying candidates of the outcomes

• Appointing the successful candidate

• Identifying the need to recruit : When a vacancy occurs the first issue to consider is whether there is a need to fill it. There is also question of whether it is the same job that needs to be filled. In considering this issue the employer should take account of the following alternatives: Reorganization, Flexible working, Unsung part time or casual staff, Using contractors, staff transfer or promotion, Job sharing, computerization.

Identifying the job requirements. : This stage of the process entails being about the content of the job. And the characteristics required of the person in order to perform the job to the necessary standard. This means that there should first be a clear jibe description and the need to fill a vacancy is an ideal opportunity to review any existing job description to ensure that is still meets the organizations requirements and a personnel specification setting out the characteristics required of the jobholder.

Content of the personnel or person specification : I will gather all information of recruitment so I will make seven point plan as following:

1. Physical make-up- Health, appearance, bearing and speech

2. Attainments – Education, qualification, experience.

3. General intelligence –Intellectual capacity

4. Special aptitudes – Mechanical, manual dexterity, facility in use of words of figures,

5. Interests – Intellectual, practical, constructional, physically active, social artistic.

6. Disposition – Acceptability, influence over others, steadiness, dependability, self-reliance

7. Circumstances – any special demands of the job, such as ability to work unsocial hours travel abroad, etc

Five fold Grading System :

1. Impact on others – physical make-up, appearance, speech and manner

2. Acquired qualification – education, vocational training, work experience.

3. Innate abilities – quickness of comprehension and aptitude for learning

4. Motivation – individual goals, consistency and determination in following them up, success rate

5. Adjustment – emotional stability, ability to stand up to stress and ability to get on with people.

Deciding the sources of potential recruits : There are number potential sources of candidates for jobs :

• Internal Sources: I will find personnel needs are filled through transfer or promotions. Internal source thought it is the main source of recruitment . After this needed candidate then I will use External sources as following :

• Organisation itself : The first port of call when considering how to fill a vacancy will usually be the organization itself and this can have advantages in terms of motivations, moral and development as discussed above.

• Word of mouth : Jobs may often be filled by existing employees letting their friends and acquaintances know of any vacancies. While this approach will save the costs of advertising or recruitment by some other.

Drawing up an Advertisement : When drawing up an advertisement the following rules should be followed :

• Consider the key aspects of the job and ensure that these are appropriately stressed.

• Describe the organization and a few key features

• State the job title and summarize the main duties or accountabilities.

• Describe the location

• Describe the method of application and any closing date.

• Adapt the style of the advertisement is discriminatory.

• Newspaper and magazine advertisements : I will give advertisements in local newspaper, journals and trade and professional periodicals stating the availed job duties and responsibilities, emoluments, qualification and experience required for the job. For senor post the market is more likely to be a national one, justifying the use of national newspaper, although this is likely to prove costly.

• Job center and employment agencies : After this I will take help of Employment jobcentre. Agencies tend to specialize in one particular type of staff such as secretaries or accountants.

• Selection consultants : I will take advice of selection consultants that they can bring considerable expertise to the selection process and can frequently attract suitable candidates.

• Executive search consultants : If I would like recruit higher position then I will take help of Executive search consultant..

• Schools and universities : I will take help of schools, collages to provide a flow of potential employees.

• Internet : I will search employees on internet.

Selection Method : The selection process really begin with the organization choice of how the applicant should respond to an advertisement

• Application form or curriculum vitae : After this I will prepare selection method how application should respond to an advertisement .

• Application forms

• Letters of applications

• Telephone

Interview : A selection interview is a controlled conversation between an applicant for a job and the employer or someone representing the employer, designed to test the suitability of the applicant for the job in question.

I will use two types of interview: 1) Direct Interview : It is a straight forward , face to face question answers session between the interviewer and the interviewee.

Non-direct interview : No direct questions are asked in this interview.

Conducting Successful interviews : There are a number of rules to be followed when conducting selection interviews these are follows :

• Before the interview, During the interview and After the interview

Selection Tests : The defects of the more traditional method of recruitment have led many organizations to look for more objectives predicator of performance

Psychometric tests : Psychometric tests involve applying standard procedures to applicants in such a way that their responses can be qualified.

Intelligence Tests : Intelligence tests are the oldest kind of psychometric test having been designed by bidet and simon in 1905.

Aptitude and attainment tests : These test are designed to test particular aptitude or abilities and can therefore be made very relevant to the job in question

Personality tests : Personality is an even vaguer word than intelligence and this is probably the biggest problem with personality tests.

• Medical Examination/Physical examination : Application who get over one or more of the preliminary hurdles are sent for physical examination either to the organization physician or to a medical officer approval.

• Placement : After Medical Report fit for job interview a particular person is selected for a given job, often more than one person may be selected for the jobs of similar nature. In the second case, individual employees have to be put under individual supervisors with the approval of the latter.

• Personnel Report : Selected candidate will give appointment letter and joining date first will fill joining report. I will made his personnel file and all estimated copies of certificate education & experience will filing in his personal file.

• Orientation (Induction Proramme) : Selected candidate introduce with all employs and give induction programme. During the period he is informed about the company and its products. He is provided with a completed description of his job and also a copy of the rules, policies and procedures to be followed by him. He will informed about his authority , responsibility, his superiors and subordinates. The new employee may also be taken round the office and plant and made familiar with activities and schemes of the enterprises.

Bye Swapnaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Anil (ajadhav@embio.co.in) or rediff.com,

Can be friend?

From India, Pune
ajadhav2004

Dear Swapnalee Do u want know about IR, HR policy, TRaining, Leave, Bonus, PF, Gratuaty, Labour Law, Factory law, welfare, Salary, wages, contract , statutory compliance, letters. Anil
From India, Pune
skjohri1

Dear Swapnalee,
You may cater to three types of leave namely casual leave, earned leave and maternity leave. Duration of leave may be decided as per the requirements of your company except the maernity leave which will be governed by the Maternity Benefit Rules/Act of the Govt.
Casual leave may be sanctioned even during the probation period whereas the earned leave may be calculated @ one day for every twenty days of work and be admissible on completion of one year of continuous service.
Regards
S.K.Johri

From India, Delhi
simplysandy_23@yahoo.co.in

Dear Swapnalee,
Tell your boss that now your company is small but when it will grow it will require these basic policies in place so instead of doing it later it is advisable to be prepared for it.
I suggest you keep latest edition of bare act books with you for better guidance.
Regards,
Sandesh

From India, Mumbai
vvnsuresh1978

Hi Swapnalee
Kindly go through the below documents of Payment of Wages Act & Maternity Act and show these acts to your boss.
It is compulsory to give Maternity leave for working women for any company.
There is way if the employee is in probation period,the employer need s that employee, he need to provide certain amenities for that employee.
please refer the below acts for your reference.
If the employer is not provide Maternity benefits he is bound to liable for other consequences.
Regards
Suresh VVN

From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc MinimumWagesact.doc (162.0 KB, 125 views)
File Type: pdf maternity_benefit_act_1961.pdf (133.9 KB, 77 views)

sebastinss
As per Maternity Act, All confirmed employee should eligible for Maternity leave. And you may not hire the pregnant staff.
From India, Madras
swapnaleehr
Dear all,
Thank you so much for your help..
I have already conveyed all the acts regarding maternity leave to my Boss but he is not ready..
He told me to get the solution or option for Maternity leave.
He doesn't want to give maternity leave to any of the employee...
Please tell me how should i go for the policy formation then??
What will be the consequences of making such policy without Maternity leave??
Regards,
Swapnalee

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh R Shah
Permitting leave -CL/PL -during the probation period depends on the policy of the organisation. I would like to know whether leave accrues to the employee during the probation period. Dinesh
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ฎ

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.