No Tags Found!

priyadarshee

Hi,
Before suggesting anything I would like to know that since how long this is happening? Am sure that it's not happening from day one...bcoz you are putting is across after a year. 2nd-Your motivation level to take up this opportunity to join that company....3rd-The typology of your boss.
I feel it's critically important to do some introspection before taking any steps. Find out your weaknesses, rectify them and correct them. Your boss has definitely something better than you...that's the reason he is your boss..See what you can learn from him...Ask him questions to know more and learn more.
Some how or other everyone's work has an impact on the company's business. Try to figure that out and discuss with your boss with an unbiased attitude.
I think you will get your solution. And above all....it's not an overnight job. You need to be very very analytical to accomplish this.
Thanks,
Priyadarshee

From India, Pune
p_kamini123

It seems that you have tried many possible ways. Ask him to give more clarity on his feedback like what make him doubt your interpersonal skills. Be open to accept the feedback so that you work on it. Specify few areas that you can additionally work on. May be that there is some cold war between both of you. Try to break that. Appreciate him occassionally as some times you need to pamper the ego of the person.
From India, Hyderabad
mohanrao_j
Keep a direct link with ABOVE PEOPLE
which is not advised in normal circumstances but any body who want to grow has to have some connection in the company's top brass.
If your immediate superior is not helping your cause there will be two reasons
1) you are not capable of delivering what company requires.
2) your boss is not feeling comfortable.
in the case of reason.1, if you want talk to higher people think before you talk.
Because if you are not able to deliver in case of any given opportunity by superiors you are finished.
If you are really confident about your self and want to prove your boss wrong then I suggest you to talk immedeately to your boss's superior. IT will lead only to two situations 1) your boss will bark at you (Which you are already enjoying). or 2) you will get an opportunity to prove your point.
So I advise you to take a chance
If you loose the job you can catch your boss feet and retian your job, otherwise you can grab your boss by his hair and grow

From India, Hyderabad
rameshmenon

Hello friend,
Your question looks for me like the usual Question / answers section is news magazines between Doctors/Psychologists and readers. Neither you have mentioned about the job role in your company nor you have mentioned your qualifications. It also do not contain any details about the nature of industry / business you are in. Could you kindly specify these so that we can work out strategies to help you out of these difficult situation and get you going.
Regards,
Ramesh Menon

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
sudarshan3677
The Only Way To progress in your org is to :
1. Prove your love to your Work.
2. Prove it to yourself with conscience.
3. Then Prove it to your Boss-( Change the way you think what you are. Automatically your attitude will get changed in your Boss's eyes also)
4. Take criticism sportively.
5. Keep moving to reach for what you want.
6. If you are creative enough, Dont seek permissions from any one to execute. You may not get it at times until you prove it practically.
Im
REMEMBER" EVERY RESISTANCE IS AN OPPORTUNITY. BE HAPPY THAT YOU ARE GROWING"

From India, Bangalore
sudarshan3677
I belonged to your group of victims long back until I realised that "It is not other's rather your Boss/es responsibility to Identify and give you attitional task" Instead Advertising to your boss that you are more worth than what he has actually thought.
BETTER ACCEPT AND APPRECIATE THE CHANGES. CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK. Things will change automatically.
The Universal truth from Srimad Bhagavad Gita always says CHANGE IS CONSTANT.

From India, Bangalore
parthamurali

Read mahabharata kannan and saguni characters and do apply all in your office.Saguni starts some puzzles aganist pandavas and see how krishna solve it .Inputs from Chanakya will also help you out.Rama who ruled the world for 18 thousand years also faced politics and went to dhandakaranyam.of all everthing for gud.
with regards
partha

mail2afsha

Hi,
Interacting and begging for some work with your boss indicates that there must be no work in your office at present to assign according to your skill set.
may be your boss is waiting for some good assignments.
Give him an yourself some time and start looking for another job.
If you have not done any mistake then there will be the only reason that your company has no work to assign at this moment.
You better start loking for a change instead of waiting for your boss response.
You have tried/done all possible things to make him convince, the further step is look for a change.
Thanks and regards,
Afshan

From India, Hyderabad
Awasthi

Hi,
You can be a gud team player if u r confident enough to acieve ur aim.You have to take initiative of every work.But for this you have to do some efforts b'coz accr.to a proverb"the only difference b/w ordinary & extraordinary is the only word i.e;extra."So,do some extra efforts.Very soon you'll definately achieve whatever you want.:icon1:
Regards,
Shraddha

From India, Vadodara
parthasadhak
Hi Buddy,
It seems like most of us are just like you sailing in the same boat.
Few suggestions,, though it mite take some guts to follow a few.
1.) Leave the boss aside and try and get additional certifications and qualifications in your free time. Thank God for the free paid time you are getting.
2.) Request for a tranfer to another department
3.) Skip your boss and talk to your HR about your problems with your boss, make him look like a fool.
4.) Send an email to your CEO and tell him you's like to work more but your boss is detrimental to the progress of the company
with these things whats the worst that may happen, think it over,,,,, nothing....
Go ahead and try out one of these and let us know hoe you fared.
cheers

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.