No Tags Found!

Dhanuindian
Hi,
I have come to know about the situation, please ignore him as how he ignores you. The baisc quality for a Hr guy is to take iniation about the situation and get rid on the problem. Do not wait for the instructions about the work, u check yourself about the work what ur doing and start to involve in the resposibilities with your collegueas and peers. Be active and do not show any frustrations on your face. Take initiative how to improvise the current responsibility in a better way. Engage with your activities and try to develop your skills.

From India, Bangalore
talathirina
Hi i am totally agree with Dhananjay. do not show any frustrations in any case. Take initiative and do work as much u can. or you can mail to boss ka boss.
From India, Pune
vaishgodb24
hey why you try to prove your skill set amongst your colleagues as also build your rapport with them that they give you some resposibilty where u get the opportunity to prove yourself.your colleagues might recognize that and that can go to your boss as well if this doesnt work ask him why hv u hired me for coz 1 yr is a long time
From India, Mumbai
Winniek

Sorry to hear what you going through - its the sad reality that nearly in all organizations we often have to navigate the politics that most times waste our positive energy. I have done the following which has worked for me sometimes:

Seek audience with the boss even when he is the source of the problem. Try to stay as calm as possible as when you loose your cool you either put him on the defensive or confirm the negative attitude he has towards you. If possible document everything that has happened so far, and even when speaking to him - make it clear you are taking down notes - sometimes this scare nasty bosses as he does not knwo where you are likely to use it.

As has been suggested by others here, get a very specific job definition - jd, key result areas etc It should form the basis of any judgements you both make on the work relationship.

Unless he is the 'big kahuna' of your organization - he has a supervisor - and if the above fails - you may want to seek audience with his boss.

As a last resort - you may want to seek a job in which you feel appreciated or like you are making a contribution. Me always thinks there is not job that should rob me of my health and peace for a prolonged period of time. I refuse to become medicine dependent cause of a pay check.

From Kenya
sabrina9253
Hi Sanjeev,

Absolutely I agree with your opinion. Throughout my working experience in HR line, this is the most powerful way to 'force' someone leave the organization.

The employer would not sack you because they know the risk better, instead they will do something that you can't accept their way..like humilating, sarcastic, denied the facts, blame for nothing and prejudice ...
It simply demoralized us a employee.

I hard gone through the experience. Well what can I do is look for other opportunity rather than spending my time working with these 'sarcastic' employer. I always believe that someone will appreciate my talent and hardwork for company..the only matter is the right time to find the right boss who know the value of appreciation.

Many company loose their talent simply they don't know how to value the talented people. Don't you believe that talented people always in 'risk' situation? Lately it happend to my organization. A young man with his result oriented simply get rid off by his sales manager..

The sales manager feel threaten by this young man achievement because he afraid one day he might lost his bowl of rice. By the way, the sales man is a honest guy and not that type of 'apple-polishing'. So what is the sales manager does is started to make this young man feel uncomfortable, with harsh word....simply is to 'force' him resign.

Off course the sales manager win the situation. I learnt a hard lesson from this situation. If you wish to sustain in this organization, you have to learn and blend in the culture..be 'apply polishing' and not to show that you are 'talented people''

Anyway this is my experience I would like to share with citeHR member. Remember none of the organization is perfect and office politic exist everywhere.

It depend on us how to perceive the situation....maybe in other way ..office politic make us be a better person ??? :?:

From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
joeyogesh
Hi Buddy,
Dealing with a difficult boss is always problematic....... and vice versa. From what I see, I think you need to lie low for some time and not precipitate the matter further. Wait and watch for some time.... as most of the times the problems take care of themselves with adequate time and patience. Meanwhile, try and find out as to why you have landed yourself in such a situation. The actual reasons you will only know. Was it your attitude/ boss' attitude or something that happened to make your boss change over a period of time. You need to sit down and analyze the situation.... which I think you would have done by now.
Next you may again approach the boss to find out where the relation has soured, what are his expectations from you, what all he needs you to do. If he says, "Nothing", insist that there is an issue and that the issue needs to be sorted out, that you are ready to change, but that will happen only when you clearly know as to what aspect you need to change.
Also, you may like to carry out a self analysis on your personality traits and interpersonal communication. You may also consider taking help of any proffessional agency.
And if these things dont work, start looking for a new, better job.Remember... You cannot wish away a bad boss.
All the best and take care. Will catch up later.
Yogesh Joshi.

From India, Bangalore
vishu18031986
hi, after reading this i think u should search 4 better opportunity and another job where u can get better exposure of ur skills and abiliy. vaishali
From India, Bhopal
smunir

Dear
just keep your beleives strong work positivlely, and i assure you that your honest job will give you fruit one day.
just keep your concentration on your responsibilities ignore all loafings.
Shahid

From Pakistan, Lahore
indrajeetc

Hi,
Mukesh has given you a good idea. In addition to that, you can also talk to your super boss about the same. Let him/her know your problem but not in a complaining tone. Do let your boss of the boss know that you are perplexed with certain behaviours in the office however don't name anybody.
Regards,

From India, Calcutta
shikha.cheeku@gmail.com
Hi there...

There are some very good opinions which everyone has given here, which you could work on.

I too had been through a similar situation sometime back n from my personal experience the sessions of talking it out and showing him your worth will not help anymore. Cause he has already made his opinion about you and he may not really care whether you improve or not. If he was really interested he would have helped you come up with a performance improvement plan to set your goals and achieve what he expects from you.

I have worked witht a positive team leader who did this to get me out from a unhappy situation to a good performer. And also someone who demotivated by behaving in a similar fashion like ur boss. So if he was interested he would have resolved the isuue by now.

You could go to your HR and tell them what is happening and suggest that if they wish to sort the issue and get you a job profile matching to your skillset you would be willing to continue with enthusiasm else you would like to move on. If they agree to help you and arrange a meeting with your boss, which helps to bring out changes, then you can very well continue. Else there is no point in wasting your time and talent only for the sake of sticking to the organisation. Its not the size of the organisation that matters, its your role in it, which could make a difference to you and everyone around you.

You cannot hang in between, its either here or there. Sometimes you have to take tough decisions in life. You need to decide if you want to continue to put up with this behaviour or you want to bring changes.

Let me know, if it helps you in some way...

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.