MM87

During COVID 19 scenario, someone whom I had to hire in a different work location from the candidate's native place, she updated her payslips to get the offer so as to achieve a hike in her salary. I got to know about this issue and as per company policy not going to hire her. However, my legal connections suggested we should report about her misguiding our company.
Had you been in my place, what would you have done? I am actually in a dilemma. Do you think it is necessary to take legal action against her?

From India, Noida
PONMURUGAPANDIYAN.P

Dear friend, you will not to hire her further. so need not take any action and etc.. But you have to warn her and advise to be genuine in future. Dont spoil some one life please
From India, Madurai
manju-kamble

It's good that you come to know about this incident at the early stage of the hiring process. I suggest you to cancel her joining and let her know the reasons for taking her offer back. She should know that its not easy to make a fool of someone and even if candidate tries, they have to face the consequences of same and may not repeat the same in future. But taking any legal action is not advisable. Let her learn and grow from this incident.
From India, Pune
Anonymous
Now I am not in HR profile & this will probably be my first advice over here.
Just keep the proofs against her found during background verification that she lied during recruitment.
Also, she can informed that company has found that she has lied via E-mail and this E-mail can be kept as a record for the Future.
In any case, if she takes this to court, which is unlikely, these proofs will be quite handy for you. Otherwise, I don't think you need to take this matter to court.
In case, she goes to court, these proofs will come handy for you along with the sent Email to her.

From India, Karjat
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.