Anonymous
Hi,
I'm currently facing a criminal trial for section 354,417 that my ex-gf has filed with more or less complete fake instructions on the FIR. I've resigned from my current workplace owing to some problems created by her family at my place of work and I'm looking for future opportunities for employment. I'm from a top 10 B-School in India and I'd be able to bring in good references from my previous workplace. I have horizontal exposure across marketing, growth and product. Mostly, the case would be in my favor as well but it might take a year or so for it to get resolved.
If possible, can you let me know what should I be looking at for future job opportunities? Should I be informing the HRs regarding this criminal trial and how will I be able to ensure that I get a job in the near future? I already have a couple of interviews lined up and I'm planning to inform the HRs after I clear all interviews. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

From India, New Delhi
KK!HR

At this stage, you have not been held guilty and are only an accused. So, you are as good as any other person. As regards informing the prospective employer, there is no requirement to mention it voluntarily. But, if it is asked you should mention the facts fully. Mostly the private sector employers do not bother for such matters. But, the public sector or government firms would view the matter more seriously and may ask you to await the outcome of the case before induction.
Cases under sections 354 & 417 are not such that they disqualify one for employment. These are interpersonal disputes and are more emotional rather than factual.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.