No Tags Found!

daljinder-singh
Joining postponed by new employer

Hi All,

I had offer from xxx organisation and joining on 18-Jan 2023. One day before joining they postponed joining due to recruiter not responding. After so many emails from my end they changed recruiter and I went for joining on 23rd Jan. After doing all the formalities on that they when I retured home, I received an email from onboarding team that my joining has been postponed again as there was some system issue. I have not been given any DOJ as I write on 30th Jan 2023. Can I take legal action against the organization for jeopardising my livelihood.

From India, Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

As they have not denied the offer and just postponed the DOJ why not you can wait and see for some more days. However write a email to them and confirm final DOJ and state that you have EM commitments.

From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Daljinder Singh,

I feel sorry for you. The phase of uncertainty you are passing through is irritating. This is the height of the disorganised way of working.

You must have quit the employment at hand and you need employment. Therefore, however, the bitter start may be, do not go for legal action in a huff. Show patience. Wait for a week. If nothing happens, then write a letter to the MD of the organisation. This is because many times, the higher authorities do not know what is happening at the lower level. If the MD is a level-headed person, he might pull up those who have bungled recruitment.

We do not know what has happened. This could be more than a recruitment problem. There appears to be a disconnect between operations and HR/recruitment department. Generally, the operations department demands preponing the date of recruitment. They always want the vacancy to be filled as early as possible. However, in your case, if the opposite has happened, then there is something more than meets the eye. Therefore, wait for this week and come back to this forum.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Suresh Rathi

Members have rightly advised you to avoid any legal action.
Hope the issue gets resolved soon.
This happens at times due to many varied reasons. Selected candidates also do not join after acceptance of job offer.
Just wait and keep in touch with the organization.
Things will work out.

From India, Delhi
rkn61

As rightly pointed out by seniors in the Forum, please patiently wait. Even otherwise also, you can’t take any legal action against your prospective employer, for extending your DOJ.
From India, Aizawl
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.