No Tags Found!

Arj1234
I've joined my organization in 17th oct 22, but my company says they got registered on 11th nov 22. Though they deducted PF from OCT 22 they refunded the pf amount later. now in my epfo portal the joining date is November 11 and in my offer letter and actual joining date is Oct 17.
This is creating an issue during my background verification for new role. In new organization

What I need to do in this case, please help me with the rule / law as well if possible so that I can convey the same with my current/ future organization

From India, Kochi
Madhu.T.K

There can be difference in date of joining as per PF records and actal company service records. If a company is covered by EPF Act only on a later date than the date of one's joining, you cannot do anything and in such a scenario the background verification agency has no role. If there is a query like this, you can very well explain that " though I joined the company in October, I was given PF only in November, and that is a technical or legal error from the employer's side and it has nothing to do with my service." It is true that if at the time of your joining the company had less than 20 employees, the company would never have a PF registration. It can subsequently get PF registration when the number of employees becomes 20 or more. Obviously, in the PF records the date of joining of all the employees will be the date of registration or date of coverage under EPF & MP Act. That cannot be challenged. But, on the other hand, if the company already had more than 20 employees when you joined, then it was a technical error on the part of the employer who did not take PF registration or cover you under the Act. That non compliance cannot be put on the employees.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.