No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: I LIKE THIS THREAD........
YES 240 96.77%
NO 9 3.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

Allegedly a true story from the airport in Denver, Colorado...
A major airline had cancelled a very busy flight and a lone check-in agent is busy trying to sort out all the displaced passengers. A very angry and aggressive man barges his way to the front of the line to confront her. He says says that he is flying first class and demands to go on the flight. The agent politely explains the situation and asks that people take their place in the line.
The man bellows at her, "Do you know who I am?" - at which the agent calmly picks up the microphone for the PA system and announces to the airport, "This is (airline name) desk 64; we have a gentleman here who does not know who he is. If anyone can come and identify him please do so."
The man, now purple with rage, yells at her, "Well f**k you.." - to which the agent replies, "And you'll have to stand in line for that as well, sir.."

From India, Vijayawada
avsjai

When Life Throws Dirt On You

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hour as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally , he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his neighbors to come over and help. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later , the farmer finally looked down the well , He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back the donkey was doing something amzaing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal , he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off.

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, All kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells, just by not stopping, never giving up. Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy :

1. Liberate your heart from Hatred - Forgive

2. Liberate your mind from worries - Most never happen.

3. Live simply and appreciate what you have.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less.

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND !!!

AVS

From India, Madras
TELIKEPALLI

Akbar's Dream

Not only other people but also Akbar tried to defeat Birbal . Once Akbar was narrating a dream. The dream began with Akbar and Birbal walking towards each other on a dark night It was so dark that they could not see each other, and so collided and fell. The King said "Fortunately for me, I fell into a sea of Paayzam, an Indian sweet. But guess what Birbal fell into?"

Courtiers asked "What, Huzoor?"

"A gutter." The whole court begin to laugh so loudly as they got a chance to laugh at Birbal . The King was happy as at least for once he had been able to defeat the Birbal.

But Birbal was quite. As soon as the laughter died , he said "Huzoor, I also had the same dream, but unlike you I slept on till the end. When you climbed out of that pool of delicious Paayazam, and I out of that stinking gutter, we found that there was no water to clean ourselves and so do you know what we did?"

Akbar asked "What?"

Birbal said "We licked each other to clean each other." Akbar became speechless and he never tried let Birbal down again.

From India, Hyderabad
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

A mother wished to encourage her small girl's interest in the piano and so took her a local concert featuring an excellent pianist. In the entrance foyer the mother met an old friend and the two stopped to talk. The little girl was keen to see inside the hall and so wandered off, unnoticed by her mother. The girl's mother became concerned when she entered the hall and could see no sign of her daughter. Staff were notified and an announcement was made asking the audience to look out for the little lost girl. With the concert due to start, the little girl had still not been found. In preparation for the pianist's entrance, the curtains drew aside, to reveal the little girl sitting at the great piano, focused in concentration, quietly picking out the notes of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'.

The audience's amusement turned to curiosity when the pianist entered the stage, walked up to the little girl, and said "Keep playing."

The pianist sat down beside her, listened for a few seconds, and whispered some more words of encouragement. He then began quietly to play a bass accompaniment, and then a few bars later reached around the little girl to add more accompaniment. At the end of the impromptu performance the audience applauded loudly as the pianist took the little girl back to her seat to be reunited with her mother. The experience was inspirational for everyone, not least the small girl.

It takes just a few moments to make somebody's day, to help someone with their own personal aims and dreams - especially someone who looks up to you for encouragement and support.

From India, Vijayawada
TELIKEPALLI

Seek the giver than the gift

There was a king. He had participated in many wars and conquered many territories. He had four good ministers, who managed all the wars for him. The king was pleased with his ministers. One day the King decided to celebrate his victory. He arranged a grand feast and invited all the noble people for the feast.
On the day of feast in front of his guests, the King decided to honour his Ministers. He summoned his Ministers who managed the war for him and told them that "four of you are very instrumental in winning the wars. I would like to grand you your wishes, you can ask the desire of your heart. You can ask any thing. I will give it to you." One by one the ministers come forward and expressed the desire of their heart.
The first one told the King "I am from a poor family, my parents are very poor. In my childhood I slept without having food for many nights. I need money. Give me money, a lot of money. Hearing this King ordered his Servant who was in charge of his treasury to give him a lot of money which would make him rich.

The second one told the King: I do not have a house. I want a big house just like the palace. Hearing this King ordered his servants to Make a palace for him.
The third one said to the King: I have a good house, I have money, but I do not have a good road to go to my home. If you are kind enough please build a royal path to my house in the village. The King ordered for a royal path to be constructed to his Village.
Then it was the fourth one‟s chance. The King asked what do you want. He didn't say anything. Tears welled up in his eyes. He began to sob. Seeing this the King told him, whatever it is, you can ask. Even if it is half of my kingdom, I will give it to you. When the king insisted, the minister said while crying, "I do not want money, I do not want a big house or a royal path. I just want you, If you are kind enough, please come and stay with me and my family for a few days. The King said that it is not a difficult task. I am happy to live with you and your family for a few days.
While planning the visit to the house of his fourth minister, the king come to know that the minister was a poor man did not have a good house or money. To get to his house it was a very difficult task as there was no good road to his village. The King ordered to build aBig house just like palace for a King's stay. The King also ordered that a lot of money be sent for his stay. Kings servants made a royal path to the ministers village for the King's travel. He got everything his fellow servants got.
Moral of the story is that don‟t just look for the gift but seek the giver. It is better to seek God than his gifts. When God comes to your house, everything else will follow automatically.

TSK

From India, Hyderabad
TELIKEPALLI

Dear Friends,

I come across a good story from the series of Vikram and Betal…….read it. The story title is

Secret of Success

King Vikram brought down the corpse hanging to the tree and set out for the cemetery as usual. While Vikram was walking along, Betal said, "Vikram, now I shall tell you a story and you should answer the question that I ask at the end. If you do not answer, your head shall break into a thousand pieces." Saying so, Betal began to tell the story..

Long ago, King Chatursen ruled over the kingdom of Magadha. Although the king took good care of his subjects, he was addicted to the game of dice. Very soon, he lost all his wealth and kingdom. King Chatursen had nowhere to go. He decided to leave Magadha and earn a livelihood in another kingdom.

On his journey, Chatursen happened to pass by a hermitage. There he saw a hermit meditating. King Chatursen knelt before the hermit in reverence. The hermit opened his eyes and said, "My son, who are you? You seem to be very tired and hungry. Why don't you eat something?" The hermit offered him some fruits and nuts in a lotus leaf. Chatursen replied, "O Reverend one! I am King Chatursen. But, I beg your pardon. Being a king, I cannot eat this kind of food and that too in such a manner." The hermit understood what Chatursen meant. In no time, he created a beautiful woman and ordered her to serve delicious food in golden plates.

The woman took Chatursen inside the hut and through it into a cave. Chatursen entered the cave and was surprised to see a grand palace. The king ate to his full and slept on a soft bed. When Chatursen opened his eyes, he was shocked to see himself lying on the ground. The grand palace and the beautiful woman have vanished.

He came out of the cave and questioned the hermit, "Why has everything vanished?" The hermit replied, "I have created the beautiful woman and the grand palace using the occult power. Any person who masters this mantra can have access to all the pleasures of life." Chatursen obliged the hermit to teach him the mantra. The hermit whispered the mantra in the king's ears and said, "Recite this mantra continuously for over forty days, standing on one leg in water." The king followed the hermit's advice. After forty days, Chatursen appeared before the hermit, "I have recited the mantra as said by you. But I am unable to create the beautiful woman and the grand palace.

What should I do to master it?" The hermit replied with a smile, "Now go and recite the mantra for forty days, sitting in fire." Chatursen strictly followed the hermit's advice. But still he was unable to master the mantra.

Betal ended the story here. He said to Vikram, "O King, tell me as to why Chatursen could not master the mantra. Answer me! Otherwise I shall break your head into a thousand pieces." King Vikram replied, "Betal, knowledge cannot be gained without attentiveness. Lack of concentration is the biggest weakness of man. Although King Chatursen recited the mantra as advised by the hermit, he could not master it due to lack of concentration.

His attention was always directed towards the pleasures of life he wished to obtain." Betal replied in astonishment, "King Vikram, I praise you for your sense of wisdom. But you have broken your vow for silence. So, I am forced to leave you." Saying so, Betal flew back to the tree.

TSK

From India, Hyderabad
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

The Apple Tree

- by Wes Fessler Family fun shop

Archie loved apples. He thought they were sweet.

He thought apples were always a wonderful treat.

He ate apples each day when he went out to play,

but the part in the middle, he just threw away.

[img]http://www.familyfunshop.com/imagesarchiepatience1high400px.jpg[/img]

Then one day as he ate an apple to the core,

he caught sight of a seed, wondering what it was for.

If he planted a seed, it just might grow a tree.

Archie thought, "what a wonderful thing that would be."

So he planted the seed in a hole, core and all.

He had faith it would grow, even though it was small.

With a shovel he covered the core with a mound,

taking care of the seed that was under the ground

[img]http://www.familyfunshop.com/imagesarchiepatience3high400px.jpg[/img]

He brought water each day in a watering can.

He did his very best to make good on his plan.

Every day, he returned with the hope he would see

a small sign of new growth from the seed to a tree..

But the sign did not come and as time drifted by

Archie started to doubt whether he should still try.

There was no hint of green, not the tiniest leaf.

Was an apple tree really worth all of the grief?

[img]http://www.familyfunshop.com/imagesarchiepatience5high400px.jpg[/img]

He was ready to quit if it just would not grow.

For so long he had watered that seed down below.

Archie went to his father to ask what to do,

and his dad told him something that he never knew...

He said, "sometimes things don't go the way that we plan.

Sometimes people give up when they don't think they can.

But to those who keep trying, when no one else will,

there are dreams to achieve and great hopes to fulfill."

[img]http://www.familyfunshop.com/imagesarchiepatience7high400px.jpg[/img]

The words struck Archie's mind and he knew they were true.

He would try to be patient and keep trying too.

Archie came every day without fail to the seed.

He brought water and tended its every need..

Then one day like the sun breaking out from a storm

a green leaf sprouted up from the ground in true form.

Reaching into the sky as if saying hello

the new tree met the one who allowed it to grow..

Archie saw the small leaf, and a tear filled his eye.

He was so full of cheer that he started to cry.

It was patience that brought this new life from the ground.

It gave Archie more joy than he ever had found.

[img]http://www.familyfunshop.com/imagesarchiepatience10high400px.jpg[/img]

He had not given up when the outlook was grim.

He helped that little seed that depended on him.

And the tree brought him apples, in time, that were sweet.

It brought even more apples than Archie could eat.

It grew strong, broad, and beautiful; ever so tall

from the patience and hope for a seed once so small..

[img]http://www.familyfunshop.com/imagesarchiepatience11high400px.jpg[/img]

From India, Vijayawada
boss2966

An old man lived alone in Minnesota. He wanted to spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his situation:

Dear Son,

I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my potato garden this year. I hate to miss doing the garden because your mother always loved planting time. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me, if you weren’t in prison.

Love,

Dad

Shortly, the old man received this telegram: ‘For Heaven’s sake, Dad, don’t dig up the garden!! That’s where I buried the GUNS!!’

At 4 a.m. the next morning, a dozen FBI agents and local police officers showed up and dug up the entire garden without finding any guns.

Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what had happened, and asked him what to do next.

His son’s reply was: ‘Go ahead and plant your potatoes, Dad. It’s the best I could do for you, from here.’

"No matter where you are in the world, if you have decided to do something deep from your heart, you can do it. It is the thought that matters, not where you are or where the person is."

Have a great day ahead Friends

From India, Kumbakonam
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

The Boy Who Cried Wolf
A shepherd-boy, who watched a flock of sheep near a village, brought out the villagers three or four times by crying out, "Wolf! Wolf!" and when his neighbors came to help him, laughed at them for their pains.
The Wolf, however, did truly come at last. The Shepherd-boy, now really alarmed, shouted in an agony of terror: "Pray, do come and help me; the Wolf is killing the sheep"; but no one paid any heed to his cries, nor rendered any assistance. The Wolf, having no cause of fear, at his leisure lacerated or destroyed the whole flock.
There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.

From India, Vijayawada
avsjai

A touching Story

A nurse took the tired, anxious serviceman to the bedside.

“Your son is here,” she said to the old man. She had to repeat the words several times before the patient’s eyes opened.

Heavily sedated because of the pain of his heart attack, he dimly saw the young uniformed Marine standing outside the oxygen tent. He reached out his hand. The Marine wrapped his toughened fingers around the old man’s limp ones, squeezing a message of love and encouragement.

The nurse brought a chair so that the Marine could sit beside the bed. All through the night the young Marine sat there in the poorly lighted ward, holding the old man’s hand and offering him words of love and strength. Occasionally, the nurse suggested that the Marine move away and rest awhile.

He refused. Whenever the nurse came into the ward, the Marine was oblivious of her and of the night noises of the hospital – the clanking of the oxygen tank, the laughter of the night staff members exchanging greetings, the cries and moans of the other patients.

Now and then she heard him say a few gentle words. The dying man said nothing, only held tightly to his son all through the night.

Along towards dawn, the old man died. The Marine released the now lifeless hand he had been holding and went to tell the nurse. While she did what she had to do, he waited.

Finally, she returned. She started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine interrupted her.

“Who was that man?” he asked.

The nurse was startled, “He was your father,” she answered.

“No, he wasn’t,” the Marine replied.

“I never saw him before in my life.”

“Then why didn’t you say something when I took you to him?”

“I knew right away there had been a mistake, but I also knew he needed his son, and his son just wasn’t here. When I realized that he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, knowing how much he needed me, I stayed.”

AVS

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.