View Poll Results: Should we retain such employees?
Yes 105 37.50%
No 178 63.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

ajayi olufemi
Greetings,
When i went through the polls,i hope we have to be objective and not allow the picture of this kind of issue becloud the implication of our judgement. i supported the transfer of the female who likely is the minor, out of the scene, we need their services and not the relationship. What happens in the case of a company proprietor or a CEO who engages in this game without regard, will the HRman transfer either of the two, what i am saying in essence is that this issue is an opener for more education to be given to all and sundry, it could be included in the etiquette training programme for our employees, and not wait till an incident occur before we start giving judgement.
My suggestion is that moral education should be included in training progrmmes to prevent future occurences.
Thank you for the post.
Olufemi Ajayi
Abuja, Nigeria.

From Nigeria, Abuja
venky108

Dear Ms.Bhavani

At the outset I suggest that there is nothing wrong in discussing this here. It gives an overview for the other members. People wrongly construe extra marital relationship. For example, if a male/female moves freely with another gender or if one happens to stay with other due to personal emergency, it is lablled as "extra marital". Even the police in bigamy cases book false cases since they dont understand real life scenarios. There has to be something more to the relationship like birth of a child to a different person ......Now a days corporate picnics have become common and both genders take part in the picnics and they come to know each other well. During the course of interaction, people may look close and this should not be stretched to exasperating limits. In some organisations I have seen that they have hetergenous combination in projects and departments and this is today's culture. Like mobile phone and blackberry we need to accept it, else we will be trailing behind.
Ofcourse genuine incidents do happen but this has to be seen in a thorough manner.

From India, Madras
srinivas nednurkar

Hi, Good these kind of post help Pursuing graduates to know about the corporate world and environment and an Idea to deal with such kind of issues. Regards Srinivas
From India, Hyderabad
ashish.tandon@mycem.in

Dear All,
I dont think any solution is required in all natural processes and an organization or HR is not here /and not should be to interfere in the personnel matters of their employees unless it disturbs the desciplin of the work pace.
Regards
Ashish

From India, Gurgaon
juneVagoghr

Dear Bhavani,
Plz do not entertain such culture in your organization. Take a lead and terminate them, so that atleast in future, ther present will be aware of the disciplinary action taken aainst them.
Also, India being a place where we still give importance to culture, ethics, tradition etc...so let us not demolish them completely, if not able to follow the same.......

From India, Tiruppur
Nawas

these are genuinely personal issues, we HR can't indulge @ all, except providing friendly supports & advices. Also you can't judge who is hero & who is villain...
Once you transferred one employee to other office, obviously you need to have proper justification to the other employee who made the same request.
Thanks

From Kuwait, Kuwait
anjukoul2507

Dear Kumar,
This problem of extramarital affair in the office is not pulp fiction or slander but a serious issue which nowadays has become very common problem in organisations. This also comes under the purview of HR only. There has to be ways of dealing with such issues.
Anju Koul
Manager-HR

From India, Mumbai
subhantech
I dont know.. I may wrong or right. But the world is wide open with good people. You Just need to Hire. We shock in surprise when my company fires somebody (Talented). But they always get other best recruited. Just a question ! What will you do if that person leaves (after getting good salary or some etc..) your company ?
Just be with the company policies.
Thanks & Regards
Subhantech

From India, Hyderabad
Priyanka Lalwani
Well, counsel them and be firm.or else, ask the employee to put resignation for misconduct. and also inform his heroine in mumbai.i should control the decorum of the office. this will be a lesson for all other employees.priyanka
From India, Bhopal
zafariqbal

In my opnion that request of the "HERO" should not be entertained. He should be strictly refused for the transfer to Mumbai.
From Pakistan, Karachi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.