No Tags Found!

mukherjee.jit

Dear Sir,
Can any one pls suggest me how to calculate gratuity? and also I would like to know that while calculating gratuity how the basic+da will be considered? for example: a person who is working in an organization for last seven years, his basic keeps on changing from time to time then what basics will be considered?at the time of lleaving the job?

From India, Delhi
mukherjee.jit

Dear Sir, Thank you for your reply but what (Basic+DA) shall we consider, the one which he is getting at the time of leaving the organizatio,shall we calculate on that? Kindly reply.
From India, Delhi
kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

Not only for Gratuity for any calculation like EL encashment, OT etc you have to calculate the Basic +DA+VDA as on the date pl Regards - kamesh
From India, Hyderabad
kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

if you don’t have VDA component then only Basic + DA and if you have only Basic then Basic only - kamesh
From India, Hyderabad
Shyam Agrawal

Dear Shri Mukherjee,
Gratuity is to be always computed on the last basic pay plus dearness allowance admissible on it. To be specific, if some employee happens to die on a certain date on which he gets his annual increment and also rise in his dearness allowance, then gratuity is due @ last basic pay with increment earned + increased rate of dearness allowance on that basic. Thanks & regards,

From India, Pune
phanikumar_d66

Dear Mr. Mukherjee,
Gratuity is to be calculated on Basic and DA/VDA last drawn by the employee,i.e. on the salary at the time of leaving. The formula is Last drawn Basic+ DA/VDA X No. of years of service X 15/26.
Regards,
D. Phani Kumar
DGM- HR
VASAVADATTA CEMENT.

avancha_sri
What Mr. Phani Kumar suggesting is correct. But, while calculating the Gratuity, if the no. of years of service is exceeding 6 months by even one day, you have to calculate the Gratuity for next year. For example, if an employee working for 6 Years 6 months and 2 days, he is eligible for 7 Years Gratuity. If he works for 6 years 6 months or less than that , he will get only 6 years gratuity.
Regards
Srinivas
Manager - HR

From India, Hyderabad
BBJR

Please, let me correct if I am wrong, Maxmimum Gratuity payable should not be more than one years salary.
From India, Nandurbar
neelam nand

Dear Sebastinss, Can you please help me know whether Gratuity eligilble criteria for no. of years is still 4years 240 days or is there any change? Regards, Neelam
From India, Pune
sanjeev vable

Dear All
1. Please let me know, during gratuity calculation formula consider of 26 days (Basic+DA) why not 30 days. And if you are saying that 4 days w/off not consider hence 26 days then why calculated by 15 days why not 13 days ( half month considering 26 days as a month)
2. what is current maximum limit ( from IT point of view & in general)
Regards
Sanjeev

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.