No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I have sent a goodbye email to my ex-employer 2 months after my resignation stating how bad my experience with was them and posted the link for glassdoor review along with the mail. I had sent it on teams mail (not on the whole office group) via personnel email id.

Now they are calling me and blackmailing me that they will file a lawsuit against me for defaming them. Can they do so? If yes what steps should I take?
PS: The Content In the mail was not at all abusive just mentioned that how things went bad with me and I don't like working with you guys and posted a glassdoor review.

From India, Shimla
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Your action is not at all good one because you invited problem of your own. You may have very ill treatment and bad experience with your ex-employer but moreover every serving person have the same or worst experience.

What had happened has happened, there is no meaning to analyze at this hour, You better ready with all evidences to prove your statement for which your employer wants suit you under defamation.

Do not pick-up the call or if pick-up do not reply their call rather listen & record it.

Can they do so? The answer is both Yes or No, depending on the loss they apprehend.
What steps should you take? You should collect all possible negative points of the employer[ how they harass employee, how do they violate the laws & rules of Govt to challenge them in court]
If have sufficient proofs with you, they cant dare to file a lawsuit against you for for defaming because by doing so they may get fully necked as the case may get post in Print media & electronic media.
Have you got your full & final?

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

India is a free and democratic country. The government allows criticism against its actions or decisions. Freedom of expression is a fundamental right. The Supreme Court has allowed criticism against its verdicts also. Therefore, which law gets violated if the administration of a private/public limited company is criticised is not understood. When someone from your ex-company had called to inform you that they would like to send a legal notice, did you ask which act was violated?

The purpose of the forums like glassdoor.com or mouthshut.com is to create a platform whereby the employees, whether former or current ones, can criticise. Reading the reviews, the company administration is expected to take corrective action. By gagging a critique if the company administration thinks that they can improve, then they are living in a fool's paradise.

Treating the ex-employer as a holier-than-thou is also flawed thinking. We are constantly told to talk positively about our past employers. However, positive thinking does not demand suppression of our feelings. Rather than sticking to the artificial positive view, nothing wrong if we take an objective or rational view. Just recently, a senior member had written in his post that when a woman avails of maternity, it is her moral duty to continue with her employment rather than quitting it. After 70 years of independence, should the acceptance of moral superiority or condescension towards the current/past employers continue?

Nevertheless, much depends on the verbatim of your review of Glassdoor as well. We need to know what you have written on Glassdoor. You may share a link to your post on Glassdoor without editing it. Unless the contents of the original message are read, it would not be possible to interpret it. When I checked Google, I found excellent advice given by Adv Simrat Singh in the similar case. You may click here to open the link, and then scroll down to read her views.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Taxblock India Pvt.Ltd

Dear member, According to Section 499 of IPC,
From India, Pune
Taxblock India Pvt.Ltd

Dear member,
According to Section 499 of IPC, it does not constitute defamation if any true statement is made or published against any person or organization which is made for the public good and you have enough evidence to prove your words against it. In this scenario, your statements act as an alarm to candidates and they will be conscious prior in return about the occurrence of any such events. Thus don't panic at all and if you need any assistance you can contact us @ taxblock.in

Regards
Adv. Shivam Kumar

From India, Pune
Adv Ravi Agarwal
What do you constitute as blackmail? What do they need from you? These few things can help you analyze how can u approach the situation. Filing is a lawsuit is within their right but court decision is entirely different matter.

Regards
Adv. Ravi Agarwal

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.