subhasisdas
Hi,

I am a Welfare Officer in reputed Tata group in manufacturing unit in West Bengal for last 4 years. As per welfare rules in West Bengal service condition of Welfare Officer is clearly mentioned i.e. 'The chief welfare officer or the welfare officer , where is only one, shall be given the same status as is enjoyed by the other departmental heads in the factory, and he shall work directly under the control of same executive of the factory under whom the other departmental heads work'.

I am the only welfare officer in this unit.

When I was in interview board I was asked to say duty and service condition of welfare officer; and I replied that as per rule after that I told them that by joking that sir this is basically ornamental post industry does not follow. The top most boss stopped me and told me that 'remember it is Tata group , here everything is followed as per rule'.

After joining the company behaviour my colleagues were different and it does not proof that I am getting same condition as mentioned in rule.

After 1 year of observation when I asked my boss he replied see basically it not prestigious post. basically it is a clerical post . But for the other case very trivial violation of the rule ( like absence of spittoon, or displaying of abstract in all notice board in local language .....etc ) makes high impact in PMS and it is directly reported to MD level.

Internal audit team also do not bother about my service condition.

What I should do? Please help.

I do not create any negative impact in my company

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

"""When I was in interview board I was asked to say duty and service condition of welfare officer; and I replied that as per rule after that I told them that by joking that sir this is basically ornamental post industry does not follow.""
Never be flippant in any interview.
Make your impact as welfare officer in subtle ways.
Within planned budget,rules try and get all facilities for labour.
Your work should speak and make the bosses understand the worth of your work.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.