jeevarathnam

Dear Friends Please find enclosed PDF about Hindu Rituals and Routines Why do we follow them? I hope it will be useful Cheerz
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf HinduRitualsandRoutines.pdf (454.6 KB, 325 views)

tajsateesh

A nice & informative Thread Jeevarathnam. Sometimes it’s surprising/baffling that many of us follow the practices without knowing the 'why' part. Rgds, TS
From India, Hyderabad
jeevarathnam

Yes. You are absolutely rite Yes thats absolutely rite. People follow the practices just like that and they won’t know the inner meaning of those practices. Cheerz
From India, Bangalore
nashbramhall

Thank you Jeevarathnam for the attachment. Is it any different in other religions or even at work? For example, take the rituals that's followed in the British Parliment.
Have a lovelyday.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
tajsateesh

Hello Simhan,
The rituals [meaning 'paths'] vary, depending on various factors, though the Goal of ALL religions are essentially the same.
You mentioned the rituals in the British parliament--can you pl elaborate? More for GK than for anything else--my impression has been that rituals/customs/religious practices in the West are more reserved for adherence @ the personal level than to be expressed in public.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
nashbramhall

May be I should have used the word "ceremony" rather than "rituals". Please see State Opening of Parliament - UK Parliament
Have a lovely day.
simhan

From United Kingdom
tajsateesh

Hello Simhan,
I guess you are right--these are more of 'ceremonies'.
Also, I find it's [State Opening] a lot similar to the Presidential Address of the Indian Parliament--or maybe the other way round I guess :-)
But such ceremonies don't have any 'religious' content per se. More to do with the practices when Monarchy reigned supreme--hangover of the past, in a way.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
nashbramhall

These ceremonies follow certain procedures and many do not know why they do it; but still carry on, like we do with rituals. Similarly we follow marriage ceremonies (For example, bride and bridegrooms are shown the Arundhati star).
Have a nice day.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
jeevarathnam

Dear Simhan & Satish
Thanks for your further discussions on this topic. Its really interesting. We people blindly follow the rituals with out knowing any inner meaning. If you go into the depth then there will be lots of meaning for those.
Cheerz

From India, Bangalore
jeevarathnam

Dear Simhan & Satish
Thanks for your further discussions on this topic. Its really interesting. We people blindly follow the rituals with out knowing any inner meaning. If you go into the depth then there will be lots of meaning for those.
Cheerz

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.