No Tags Found!

Sandhyanair

Hi all,
Have a question!!
We had an employee who worked for just 3weeks. She had to leave due to personal problems. Do we need to give relieving for the same though she is already relieved and gone.
Thanks,
Sandy

From India, Bangalore
ambikakamath

Hi
3 weeks is a very short time.
similar situation in my organisation, but i made a reliving letter, couriered it at her contact address and filed a copy in her file.
it depends from organisation to organisation, situation, and in your case, she has worked for just three weeks.
whatever the reasons maybe, as a formality, send the reliving letter to her, and in the copy which you will file, mention in that the date of courier for easy reference.
ambika kamath.

From India, Mumbai
Sandhyanair

Thankyou very much AmbikaKamath Since we just completed 1 year in India and we are facing for the first time, had little doubt. thanks for clarifying it. Will do the same. Sandy
From India, Bangalore
saravana kumar

Hi Friend,
If the employee not approached or not shown much interest on getting relieving from management, then why are intentionally worrying on this subject?
Suppose, if the employee demands for relieving cert. for working days of three weeks? tell her clearly, In appointment letter we clearly stated that, you must be in Trainee period for 6 months in probationary period. so, we management can't do any thing in this matter.
I don't think, it may create a big issue for HR dept /management people.
Regards,
Saravana
Executive - HR

From India, Madras
Sandhyanair

Hi Saravana,
Thank you for your views on that.
But dont you think, even if the candidate is not asking for it we need to provide it. We can be clear in our way by doing so. Also, being an HR we need to do our duties in a right manner.
Sandy

From India, Bangalore
saravana kumar

Well said friend as a Hr , It a responsibility to do such cases . But, If the employee doesn't have care about his/her relieving cert & work cert. and make ourself in pressure without any proper intimation of terminating the services.

As you aware, many employers are ready to recruit employees , even though they avoid to submit work & relieving cert. because, Any current Industry are ready to take energetic, good personality, communication, technical sound knowledge,etc. and they have been under pressure to fulfill the positions to handle their client request. In that case, many employers doesn't expect any cert. from employees.

If it is the case, Why we go back to employees to give the Experience cert. etc.. If they need everything properly done by management /HR dept. ask them to obey the rules and standing instructions which has been followed by the companies.

As of being HR, we need to be Employee friendly. but, some cases we need to work as smart.

May be my suggestions will be rough and arrogant. But, In your learning experience you definitely feels such issue.

expecting more views....

Regards,

Saravana

Executive -HR

From India, Madras
shivanair
Hello Sandhya
I my opinion we have to mail the relieving order to the candidate ..
Its for the sake of our records,even if it is for three weeks.
The counter file for relieving letter posted can serve as the proof that we have dispatched the order.
Regards
shiva

From India, Kochi
Sandhyanair

Hi Sarvanan,
Not at all your view is arrongant. As you rightly said it will help me in my carrer. But what i meant is if the employee comes back in future for the relieving letter then at that time we definately need to provide it. So if we do that at the time he leave after serving the notice period then we can close the chapter once and for all.
Hope it makes some sense.
Thanks
Sandy

From India, Bangalore
saravana kumar

Friend,

It' simple one: We need to analyze every employee and make survey on them. It's our primary role in HR. If Fresher has been recruited in our company, they won't be constant in career oriented. they found in lack of attendance, looks casual way, more excuses, be sure with in a year they jump to other concern for better salary. In fresher, they terminate the services without giving any notice to the company and search for other company. this is because of Attitude problem . But , when it comes to experienced people, they clearly confirm the CTC/privileges/allowances, etc and get in to the company. Once they started the career in that company,they will be there for minimum 2 years. Because, they have been already experienced and they need to survive more in their specialization etc.

As a HR, We need to track of fresher behavioral activity . As you raised the query to give certificate for the relieving employees. One thing , without management knowledge, we never do any thing openly and we don't have assigned any individual decision to take on any event.

I don't know about your management, if they willing and accept to give certificate for reliving employees , kindly proceed to go further.

As mentioned above is purely my practical experience faced in my company with MGMT and employees.

Expecting your reply sandhya!!!

Regards,

Saravana

Executive - HR

From India, Madras
rajanassociates

Dear
It is correct to issue relieving letter even if not asked for. By resignation the offer is made. Relieving letter is the acceptance. Hence it is absolutely required to severe the relationship whatever the period of employment is. This will also avoid later claims by the Employee. Only thing you must ensure is that you have porof of delivery of the relieving letter from the employee. Fair Business practices is the key for success in HR.
With Regards
V.Sounder Rajan

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.