No Tags Found!

vijetashukla

Hello!!!!!!!
Firstly.....I really wonder that what happens to these type of thread owners, why they become invisible after posting threads...if you are not confident then KINDLY don't start such issues and if you start then PLEASE be part of it...
Secondly I don't agree with this idea AT ALL....though I am also a HR Professional but we can't be immature in our thought processes and actions.
Many a times problem arises from company front also but no one will accept it...and we won't be black listing them as we don't have many companies but we do have many candidates RIGHT!!!!!
It's better that if we think logically and brainstorm I guess we HR Professionals can come up with better and practical solutions....
Let's try for that and do not get into all these biased ways...Sorry to say but according to me its not the right method.
Thanks

From India, Delhi
bhandhavi.r

Hai all,
Really regret to see such kind of postings. i am with all the fellow members who are against the form topic. Blacklisting a candidate is not a small issue and i am sure if the form topic owner look back into his/her past she may also have confronted such kind of things anywhere at sometime in the past.
Doing such a thing we are going to spoil some persons bright career being unknown to practical and actual issue which resulted to.
As said by someone there are mistakes by both. Trying for a better opportunity is nowhere a wrong.

From India, Hyderabad
gps1977
I dont agree, we are not authorized to track all those details publicly. We have not rights to stop anybodies career, yes he did the mistake but can you answer why he is commiting this kind of mistakes. He might have some personal problem or might have worked for more than five years for a single organization and could not get the right appraisal because of BAD BOSS or internal politics or might have some other reason that we can not answer all those. So please dont track all these details and please dont play with any bodies emotion.
KINDLY THINK IT PRACTICALLY and THINK THAT IF IT WILL HAPPEN WITH YOU THEN WHAT YOU WILL FEEL?
If you want to track and to take actions then please take actions against POLTICIANS from every industry who ever is playing everybodies emotions in evry where.
Thanks & Regard
GP
(Think thrice before taking any action against anybody)

From India, Hyderabad
chandpathak

Dear Shriya

Thanks for your post. I had almost forgotten this topic when I suddenly received an update and saw your posting. I agree some companies & consultants too behave in unprofessional & unethical manner & we must deal with them too. Our ( Indians) "chalta hai" attitude and innate tolerance towards all things corrupt, unprofessional need to change.

On my part I am trying to do that. Please do give us a call as a candidate and see for your self. I even try to counsel candidates if I have the time to the best of my abilities.

Several clients have cheated us of our hard earned labour but we find this no good reason to turn unethical our selves. We simply drop the clients.

I still believe the candidates "shopping" for offers is not correct. I don't see most of them negotiating for "better role", "More responsibilites", "better career Path", "better training opportunity"..etc.

It is mostly MONEY.

I believe most are led by their greed to play one offer against another. If some people see this as their fundamental right I am sorry to hear this.

Accepting the offer and then joining else where offered more can't be a genuine reason. It is plain old GREED. Is Greed a Virtue? Is it a fundamental right? We need to do a bit of thinking and get to the root cause.

From India, Lucknow
chandpathak

Yes I saw the responses, but I don't see any solution. Most are recommneding that we accept this as fundmental right of candidates. None has so far come with an alternate solution to check this nuisance.

If the candidate has accepted an offer after going thru many rounds of Interviews, after searching for facts about the Organisation on the net, talking to others etc, it only seems he has taken the decision to accept the offer knwoing fully well what is he getting into.

Why then suddenly he finds some fault with the company or has a "Genuine reason" to join else where? - AFTER the offer.

This mostly happens AFTER the offer, it hardly happens during the selction process. The drop rate during the selction process is negligible and AFTER the offer is significant.

I agree salary negotion not working out between candidate & client happens. It is perfectly fine to REFUSE an offer, but ACCEPTING the offer & then pitching this offer else where to get better offer and ultimately join the OTHER company AFTER accepting the FIRST offer is not Freedom of choice by any standards

From India, Lucknow
chandpathak

Hi Vijeta
You say : "come up with better and practical solutions...."
I would appreciate if you could suggest any alternative which can stop this problem. Here we must focus on those candidates are "Shop" for offers. We you believe that "shopping" for offers is correct, please let us all know. Else let's have some good suggestions...I'll retract and take back my suggestion to blacklist rouge candidates. All I am looking for is to find a solution where in the rouge candidates are forced to think TWICE before ditching all parties invloved in the selection process and waisting everbodies time, energy & money to satisfy his own interests.
1. Politcian cheat country of its wealth - because they are in a position to do so
2. Candidates cheat companies - because they have freedom of choice
It is Cheating neverthe less in both cases.

From India, Lucknow
chandpathak

Dear All
I feel most of the replies were emotional. I would apprreciate and encourage if we can have some practical solutions & suggestions to all the problems of rouge candidates / consultants / companies mentioned by everyone.
I respect everybody's opinion but we are where we started - some justifying candidates action & some against it.
In this scenario it will be difficult to find a solution , because for some - NO Problem exists.
BTW, Thank you all for contributing. I hope you all agree that we need to agree to disagree if we need to make our's a better society.
I am resting my case. It was a good discussion. In the process if I caused any hurt to anybody's sentiments, I sincerely apologize.
I don't know how to close this thread ! But if it helps - I declare this thread closed on 15 May 2010. All those who wish to air their views may do so before that.
Thanks.

From India, Lucknow
chandpathak

Dear Mr raj Kumar

I would request you to revisit my list which describes what kind of candidates we must blaclist:

1.No Show on the date of joining
2.Joining and leaving without notice / reason / information within a week.
3.Accepting offer and refusing to join on weak / flimsy grounds
4.Accepting offer and then become untraceable / un approachable
5.Giving false Information on his / her CV about Qualifications / Experience / Projects, fake documents with Intent to cheat during Hiring process.

Please let me know if you would have sympathy with the candidates as mentioned above.

Also please do let me know - in your opinion how many out of 10 such candidates would have a "genuine" reason not to show up on the day of joining. Please remember that this is a "No Show". If there is a genuine reason, a sincere candidate would have called and discussed with the HR Manager or may be pushed his / her joining date. He / She does not become untracebale!!!! and this does not happen "once in a while" but fairly regularly at all levels.

Please let us know if a "No Show" is acceptable to you.

From India, Lucknow
poonam.gandhi

Hi Captain, I truly agree with the vision of the Raj Kumar a super Moderator. This will be illegal rather ethical Regards Poonam
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.