swapnasinbox
Hi sweta,
I agree that this is the topic everybody is concerned nowadays,b.cos every third person is a victim..Yes it is true that employers are playing with employees life n future.But on the other hand what will the employers do if the world economy is not in a good condotion?We lose our jobs when U.S economy fails and our companies do not get thier projects.The employer is a bussinessman/person,he wants profits.So when he sees that he is not making profit,he tries to cut down his cost.What is the best way to cut cost?Fire people.Its fact and painful.But the other fact is we dont have a solution.Do we?:confused:

From India, Hyderabad
reebaalicemathew
Hi,
i would like to point out my view that ....if a company can fire a person without thinking his/her career for the betterment of the company progress ....same way an employee can also quit from the job for his/her better career growth...so both sides are giving importance for their own growth. So i dont think any kind of injustice is happening here.:neutral:
Alice

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
bhupeshcbe

Hi,
I agree that many Corporate companies does this. I strongly suggest that job analysis should be carried out before manpower planning ie., analyse the load in every specific function that would throw more light on future recruitments. Carrying out a job analysis would also facilitate job rotations.
Regards,
Bhupesh

From India, Madras
rajkhatiyan
Hi shweta,
this is one of the major issue these days, most painful part of this is when you ask an employee to leave without a proper reason,in most of company i have seen that company look towards their own benefit, i personally feel if we have this sort of situation we should lay out a plan we should discuss the situation with the employee so that they all are aware of the situation & they can plan accordingly... we should give them proper time to find out a new job...
regards
Rajeev .......

From India, Calcutta
ramkumarojha
Dear All,
I am a professional too (an Engineering Programme Manager at a reputed Automotive company in India). Now, HR is a function in any organisation. In all my professional career in good companies (indeed doing well), I have observed that ocst cutting through man power reduction happens because of an "open-cycle phenomenon". If this cycl is closed, then there may be a huge reduction in self or forced attrition and shall carry good amount of talent retention in goos or bad market scenario. If anybody needs to discuss this phenomena, you can mail me on .
Regards
Ramkumar Ojha
Programme Manager

sireeshaeramalli
We have been speaking abt the companies who are firing employees at the cost of their careers...???
In contradiction to this, Wht abt the employees who are absconding from services, not serving full notice period and keeping company into soup as the employees not even think of the deliverabls which they ought to do.
And if the employee is serving notice period, he should be doubly sure that he finishes all the work and have a smooth transition.
These are my personal experiences, i have seen so many people who will not serve their full notice period, instead they abscond from services and when contaced will give lame excuses which are not at all true.
Best regards,
Sireesha

From India, Secunderabad
samswati
The question you have raised is very pertinent.
I have experienced similar predicament in most of the places I have worked. 1st we fight tooth and nail to "hunt" the best talent for the position - the more stable he was in his past job , the better prefered he is- and then we scratch our head endlessely to find an excuse to pack him off.

Most often I have seen hiring managers ineptitude as a reason for this gap. Reluctance to put down a straight JD and list down the performance measures before hiring, reluctance to devote time during orientation and probation with the new joinee more often than not results in less than expected performance (though by what standards is difficult to fathom , coz they never initially put the perfromance measures or expectations in place).

As HR professionals I feel we are being used as pawns. One of the CEO's I know openly says "lets hire whoever we get now as we need to kick start the project , we can do away with him later".

It is upon us as HR professionals to put our foot down on such matters and not get pressurised by unreasonable demands of CEO's. While understanding and honoring business requirement is a must there cannot be any compromise on the basic reason of HR's existence which is "to look after the human resources of the organisation"

From India, Delhi
Gopa_21
Hi Shweta,

This a very good topic you erect, even me also victim of the same. Even though I my mind say what we are doing that’s not good. More or less we are playing with someone career but being employee of the organization we don’t have other option. But certainly I am very much impress with “Tania M” proposal. Some how its looks good.

Regards
Gopa

From India, Panipat
Gargishetty
Hello Everybody,
I think most of us agree that yes it is an issue , but what most of us are failing to understand is that even the companies are not aware what might happen to them 6 months down the line.
Did anyone even in their dreams assume that companies which did exceedingly well in December last year would go kaput mid this year, no none of us did. All companies irrespective of the size has been facing the brunt as it has affected them somewhere.
I have a different way of looking at this , it might not be the best thing to do but its the right thing to do. I'm sure all will agree that we would rather have 10 % or 20% of the employees removed rather than keep them and come to such a state where 100% lose the job . Its a tough call but a call that needs to be made. If we shy today we will only Die tomorrow.
Regards
Gargi

From India, Bangalore
gaggan_sahni

I have already highlighted this many times here and I again reiterate the same. We should highlight the name of those companies which are hiring and firing off and on ..so that we can caution our known ones to be away from such companies..Kindly share the name of the companies who are doing it…asap to enlighten and awaken everyone here to be away from such companies
From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.