No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello, HRs! I'm currently looking to develop a Performance Dashboard for our company. Please suggest how we can use Balance Score Card-based performance appraisal with succession planning and PNP and develop different graphs or metrics for the mgmt. To understand Individual/team performance.
From Kuwait, Kuwait City
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sai J,

Dashboards are user interfaces or web pages that provide a current summary, usually in graphic, easy-to-read form, of key information relating to progress and performance, especially of a business or a website. Dashboards are prepared specifically for the top management personnel because they do not have time to go through the data in textual form. The use of colours and shapes makes the dashboards visually appealing.

Creating dashboards is an art. You will find many videos on YouTube. However, dashboards are prepared on the data. The relevant data about performance management includes costs and ratios associated with business as well as the departments. Therefore, the question arises as to whether you have created a mechanism to capture data about your organisation.

You wish to create a dashboard based on the Balance Score Cards (BSC). However, BSC works well at the broad level and does address the macro level. Therefore, rather than taking reference from BSC, I recommend you measure costs and ratios associated with the business. This is a sure-shot method of presenting what the top bosses want.

Lastly, you have confused between BSC and succession planning. The institution of a Performance Management System (PMS), whether based on BSC or otherwise, and succession planning are independent concepts and both need to be viewed differently.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
sai j
Dear Divakar,

Thank you for the reply. I like your idea of measuring costs and ratios associated with the business in the dashboard. I will definitely try to incorporate the same.

With reference to this point "Lastly, you have confused between BSC and succession planning. The institution of a Performance Management System (PMS), whether based on BSC or otherwise, and succession planning are independent concepts and both need to be viewed differently."

Currently we are using 9 box grid method to identify/segregate workforce (this is based on BSC points) in different categories. Employees who are in "High Potential and High Performance" grid are primarily considered for succession planning. Thats how we are driving succession planning based on performance.

Please do let me know if you differ from this idea and if you have any suggestions please do share for better approach in this regard.

Many Thanks

From Kuwait, Kuwait City
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sai J,

First, my surname is "Divekar" and not "Divakar". Please type it correctly in your next post.

Second, you are probably using the 9-box matrix for career planning, not succession planning. Please check Google to know the difference between career planning and succession planning.

Lastly, how the Balance Score Card is related to Korn Ferry's 9-box Matrix that I do not know. I checked Google but I could not get any reference. If you have, then please provide me the same.

Final comments: - Though the management jargon is enticing, it lays the trap also. So my request is not to get trapped in the jargon. As mentioned in my previous post, concentrate on the measurement of the costs and ratios associated with the business. The top bosses are only interested in reducing the costs. Those who succeed in measuring the costs scientifically, earn their credibility from the top management. I provide consulting services to establish a comprehensive Performance Management System (PMS). If you wish to avail of my paid services, then can approach me.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.