ganethri
Dear All
I work for a global engineering in Chennai & am in the process of designing a promotion policy. The employee strength is around 2800 and most of them are engineers either Diploma or Graduate engineers.
Please mail me details on how to prepare a promotion policy. Also share some documents which could be of useful. Websites or books for reference will also be a help.
Awaiting your valuable inputs & thanks in advance
With Best Regards
G.Ganesh

From India, Madras
Bob Gately

Hello G. Ganesh:
>I work for a global engineering in Chennai & am in the process of designing a promotion policy.<
That is a good business decision.
>The employee strength is around 2800 and most of them are engineers either Diploma or Graduate engineers.<
How has the company been selecting employees for promotions?
I am a consultant who is also licensed (PE) civil and environmental engineer with an MBA.
>Please mail me details on how to prepare a promotion policy.<
Send me an email, see my email address below, and I'll share with you what I know.
>Also share some documents which could be of useful. Websites or books for reference will also be a help.<
That will follow.
>Awaiting your valuable inputs & thanks in advance<
Ask to see my article "Selecting Managers: how to avoid the Peter Principle" def. "In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence".

From United States, Chelsea
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.