TRUESOUL
Hi All,
I am in a very critical condition now, it has been 10 months since I left that company( the one regarding which I discussed in previous threads). Today I received a "COURT SUMMON" , we refused to accept the summon. The person carrying it was from some courier company and he told us that "this summon is from court for amount 2.5 lakhs that you have to pay to your company now for breaking the bond and for the claim that company is making".My name and my mother's name was mentioned in the summon , as my mother signed the bond papers as guarantee.
Please help, what should I do now. What will happen now as we have refused to accept the summon and what is the procedure which I should follow??. Is there any chances that I may get arrested for this??..How many times the summon is sent??I have not done anything wrong. The company used to harasses me so I left the company.
Please advice
Thanks in Advance!
Aastha

From India, Ambala
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

If I am not wrong, the summons are not sent by courier, it is either send by a Government Public Servant or by Post i.e. OIGS, thereafter how come the courier fellow knows all the details mentioned in the summons. Secondly in my previous reply to you I have suggested to give a reply to the notice send to you, have you not send the reply. Last but not the least why did you reject to accept the summons which is wrong on your part. Not accepting the summons means you are disrespecting the court of law, wherein the court can order to arrest you too, god forbids.
Please hire a lawyer immediately and take his/her advice and give a reply to the notice.

From India, Ahmadabad
deepa.bhatia

Do not worry at all. Nothing is going to happen. Many many people break bonds in an IT company and no 1 takes any action. So many employee receives the legal notice but nothing happens to them after that. So keep cool and continue with your current tasks and leave that.
My blogs on Java, Health Beauty Fitness
Interview Questions | Java @ Desk
Health Beauty Fitness

From India, Mumbai
deepa.bhatia

Do not send them any legal notice. Do not fight as no one can win against big companies in a court. Just keep your cool and eat bhel puri in the notice they have sent you :)
Enjoy its common.
Health Beauty Fitness

From India, Mumbai
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

Dear Ms. Deepa Bhatia
Aastha has received a court summon and not a notice from the lawyer, even if you receive a notice from the lawyer you are supposed to file a reply to the notice and cannot eat bhel puri's on the notice received as you advised.

From India, Ahmadabad
deepa.bhatia

Apologise for explanation in a funny way. My only point is its fine. Nothing happens as far as my knowledge is concerned.
Health Beauty Fitness

From India, Mumbai
TRUESOUL
Hi All,
Thank you for your replies
I request you to give serious advice.As to make myself clear it was a SERVICE AGREEMENT that they made me sign with my and my mothers signature on it and now I have received a "COURT SUMMON" which some guy delivered from court or courier as we dint listen to him and shrugged him away saying that we dont want to accept such things. Now I realize what blunder I have done.
Please tell me how can I rectify my mistake and what to do next. I dont want my mother and myself to get into any legal troubles or court matter.
Regards,
Aastha

From India, Ambala
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.