Suresh Balan
We have an existing employee drawing a basic salary of 25000/- per month, working with us for the last 10 years. The employee was not enrolled in PF when joining and we got the exemption signed by the employee. Employee wants to be enrolled now for PF. Can the employee be enrolled now, lets say from 1st Sep 2018 ? The 12% contribution will be on 15,000/- i.e 1,800/- or on 25,000/- i.e. 3,000/-
From India, Mumbai
nanu1953

Dear Suresh,
It appears from your posting that the employee is working in the organisation since 2008. At that time the coverage limit ( Basic + DA=PF Gross ) was INR 6500/- per month. Subsequently it has been enhanced to INR 15,000/- per month. When the concerned employee joined the organisation what was his/her PF Gross. If the Organisation was covered under PF & Misc. Act at that time and his/her PF Gross was 6500/- per month or less, he/she must be covered under PF from that time only. There is no such system exists at PF where one employee can put his/her signature in any exemption paper. It has no validity under the law. Once covered under PF it will continue but contribution may restricted at statutory limit.
Your query regarding contribution amount which can be restricted at 12% of employee contribution on 15,000/- and 13% of employer contribution including admin charge etc. If the organisation is interested voluntarily to pay more, it can.
Thanks & Regards,
S K Bandyopadhyay( Howrah, West Bengal)
USD HR Solutions

From India, New Delhi
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Mr Suresh, Please furnish the following information:
we got the exemption signed by the employee-The reasons for Excluding from EPF Coverage at the time of Joining
What is the age of the Employee?
Present PF Wage Ceiling is Rs15,000/- You want to restrict PF Contribution to Rs15,000/- or actual BASIC i.e Rs25,000/- What is the system you are following in your Company

From India, New Delhi
Suresh Balan
Dear Bandyopadhyayji, thanks for your valuable insights. The Basic of the employee in 2008 was 15,000/-, hence not covered in PF in 2008.
The age of the employee is 43 yrs.
So my question remains. Can we enrol the employee in PF now ?

From India, Mumbai
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Mr Suresh Balan, considering your reply "The Basic of the employee in 2008 was 15,000/-, hence not covered in PF in 2008" What about Previous EPF Membership Details/Withdrawal etc
we got the exemption signed by the employee-peruse the Document/Personal File & revert

From India, New Delhi
Suresh Balan
Dear Srinathji, the employee did not have any PF membership. Can we enrol the employ ?
From India, Mumbai
nanu1953

Dear Suresh,
From your other submission it is now clear that in 2008 his basic was more than 6500/- and in FORM-11 he had declared that he was also not a member of EPFO prior to 2008. I hope his Basic was more than 15000/- when EPFO enhanced the coverage limit from 6500/- to 15,000/- per month sometimes in 2014.If not , then the coverage would be automatically from 2014, September.
Now you can enroll his name voluntarily by contributing up to a limit of maximum 15,000/- from any particular month. If your Company is interested to pay more that is also possible.
Hope this will satisfy your query.
Thanks & Regards,
S K Bandyopadhyay (HOWRAH, WEST BENGAL)

From India, New Delhi
Suresh Balan
Dear Bandyopadhyayji, Thanks a lot for your valuable advice. I really appreciate it. I will enroll the staff from September 18.
From India, Mumbai
tushar-sharda
dear sir,
in our organisation some employes withdraw salary more than 15000/- upto 40000/- . our organisation deduct their epf on 40000/- as basic. can we improve our mistake and correct it by deduct their EPF only on ceiling limit. is their any issue related to this.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.