No Tags Found!

phuntsog-pulger
Hello everyone,
Good morning.

I have a few questions for which I need some guidance form the community.

1) What kind of salary structure would be best and fair for a private school?

We pay good salary but as the school is growing we need a structure when recruiting teachers for the same subjects with different levels of experience and teaching different classes - PRT/GT/PGT

2) For calculation of yearly increase in base salary can we use the percentage of inflation rate?

Awaiting responses from the community.

Warm regards,
Phuntsog Pulger

From India, Gangtok
raghunath_bv

Hi Phuntsog-Pulger

Salary Structure for a Private School:
Creating a fair and effective salary structure for teachers in a private school involves considering various factors such as experience, qualifications, and responsibilities. Here's a suggestion for a tiered salary structure:

a) PRT (Primary Teacher):

Entry Level: Base Salary
Mid-Level (3-5 years of experience): Base Salary + Increment
Senior Level (more than 5 years of experience): Base Salary + Additional Increment
b) GT (General Teacher):

Entry Level: Base Salary + Increment
Mid-Level (3-5 years of experience): Base Salary + Additional Increment
Senior Level (more than 5 years of experience): Base Salary + Additional Increment
c) PGT (Post Graduate Teacher):

Entry Level: Base Salary + Additional Increment
Mid-Level (3-5 years of experience): Base Salary + Additional Increment
You can adjust the increments based on the local market standards and the school's budget.

Yearly Increase in Base Salary:
Using the percentage of the inflation rate is a common practice for salary adjustments. However, it's essential to consider other factors like the school's financial health, budget constraints, and overall economic conditions. Here's a simple formula:

New Base Salary = Current Base Salary + (Current Base Salary * Inflation Rate)

Additionally, you may want to consider merit-based increases for exceptional performance or additional responsibilities. Keep in mind that the inflation rate is just one factor, and a comprehensive review of the school's financial situation should guide decisions on salary adjustments.

It's also beneficial to stay informed about industry standards and local benchmarks to ensure that your school remains competitive in attracting and retaining qualified teachers. Ultimately, involving key stakeholders, such as teachers and administrators, in the decision-making process can contribute to the success and fairness of the salary structure.

Regards,

From India, Bangalore
nanu1953

Dear Mr. Phuntsog Pulger,

I am HR adviser of Taktse International School at Gangtok for last 2/3 years. During my tenure I have made a big project on Remuneration and Benefit review which has been implemented.

If you are interested for detail , you may contact me.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah )
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531
skb@usdhrs.in
www.usdhrs.in

From India, New Delhi
phuntsog-pulger
Thank you so much for your insightful response Dr Raghunath. It was very helpful.
From India, Gangtok
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.