No Tags Found!

sudipta-maity1
Dear all, I have joined a new organisation in this December’19. Without any information from HR or finance team they have deducted tax amount from my salary. They even did not ask me to submit income statement or investment statement.
I need to write email to our Hr team and finance team, telling them to reverse deducted amount asap.
Kindly help me to write a proper email to ask them to reverse the same.
Regards,

From India, Jalalpur
sudipta-maity1
I am not getting any proper feedback from HR and Finance.
From India, Jalalpur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,
Income tax deduction is statutory one and can't be reversed based on the request of the employee.
It is not clear about tax slab you fall under. Since you joined by Dec,2019 only tax will be calculated for 4 months earning (Dec19 to Mar,20). Your HR/Accounts should have collected saral investment declaration Form from you before IT deduction.
At the year end you need to file Income Tax returns for the earning with the current employer (Dec19 to Mar20) and previous employer earning (Apr,19 to Nov,19) both period added together. In case if you have enough investments (u/s 80C/80D / 80DD/80 U/80 E - whichever applicable)then you may claim refund from Income Tax department.
My observation is that your HR/Accounts should have deducted Income based on your IT slab.
Please contact HR/Accounts dept by person who will explain you the deduction details.

From India, Madras
sudipta-maity1
Mr.Vmlakshminarayanan don’t you think that your employer should ask new employees to Submit all data related to your investment! Why I have raised this query is neither HR not Finance team has asked me to submit documents. This is a system failure. Why shall I differ for the improper system?
I am seeking support from CiteHR to help me to write a strong email demanding to return deductions as it was a mistake from employer.
Thanks

From India, Jalalpur
nanu1953

It is not being mentioned whether you have submitted your income for the period April,19 to Nov,19 to your present employer or not. If you have submitted but not submitted your ITAX savings declaration, then it is rightly done by your new employer. If it is not so, please calculate your total earnings for the period Dec,19 to Mar,20 and assess the taxable amount if any.After that you write a mail to your new employer stating the fact for necessary correction in future.
S K Bandyopadhyay ( Howrah, WB)

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.